Chapter 15 - Chamber of Secrets

"Hiya, Harry." Ron says as Fred steers the car next to the window.

"Ron, Artemis, Fred, George. What are you all doing here?" He asks.

"Isn't it obvious? We're here to rescue you." Artemis tells him.

"Come on. Get your trunk." Ron adds. As Harry grabs his trunk and makes sure he's got everything packed, Ron clips the hook onto the bars on the window. "You'd better stand back." He warns.

Fred spins the car around and floors it, ripping the bars off. They fall into the bushes below with a loud crash, waking the Dursleys. Fred backs up and Harry shoves his trunk in the back, going for Hedwig as he turns the car again. 

"Come on!" Ron says as Harry holds Hedwig out the window. Ron takes her and passes her back to Artemis, who carefully holds the cage in her lap. She feeds Hedwig a few of the treats she'd grabbed from the house, knowing the Dursleys likely weren't allowing Harry to let her out since they hadn't received any letters from him and there were bars on his window.

"Petunia, he's escaping!" Vernon shouts as he spots Harry in the window. He dives into the car, but his uncle grabs his ankle, keeping him from closing the door.

"I've got you, Harry." Ron assures him, pulling on him from his spot next to Artemis in the back.

"Let go of me!" Harry yells at his uncle as he tries to get his leg free.

"Oh, no, boy. You and that bloody pigeon aren't going anywhere!" Vernon replies.

"Go, Fred!" Artemis shouts.

"But he could get hurt." Ron protests as he looks at the drop below, not wanting Harry to get in even more trouble if his uncle ends up hurt. She rolls her eyes.

"Who cares! Drive!" She says.

Fred drives off, pulling Vernon out of the window. He falls into the bushes below and Harry laughs at the sight before closing the door.

"By the way, Harry, happy birthday." Ron tells him. Artemis hands him the card she'd made him, leaning forward so she can speak with him.

"I made a cake too. I tried to decorate it, but it's not very pretty." She says.

"As long as it tastes good, it doesn't have to look perfect." He replies. 

The five spend the rest of the ride explaining the car and answering all of Harry's questions about the car and their house. When they arrive, Harry looks around.

"Now, we'll go upstairs really quietly and wait for Mum to call us for breakfast. Then Ron, you come downstairs going 'Mum, look who turned up in the night!' and she'll be pleased, and no one will need to know we flew the car." Fred says quietly as they walk towards the house.

As they enter the house and take of their jackets and shoes, Harry looks around in wonder at all the magical things around. He watches as the hands on the clock for the two sets of twins move from Lost to Home. 

"It's not much, but it's home." Ron tells him. 

"I think it's brilliant." He replies.

"Where have you been?" Mrs. Weasley demands as she enters the room. The boys guiltily drop the rolls they'd taken off the table and Artemis tries hiding behind her brothers. "Harry, how wonderful to see you, dear." She adds, smiling at him as she moves closer. "Beds empty! No note! Car gone! You could have died! You could have been seen!" She yells at her children. "Of course, I don't blame you, Harry, dear."

"Mum, we had to rescue him!" Artemis argues.

"They were starving him. There were bars on his window." Ron adds.