30

Reese laid in the delivery room, squinting at the florescent lights. Sweat was slick on her forehead as she listened to the voices around her speaking. To her, it sounded more like a deep murmur.

The past couple of hours had been rough to say the very least. Reese wanted her birth to be as natural as possible so she avoided medicine but it was beginning to take a toll on her body.

"M-Mom." Reese swallowed, unsure of which one she was actually talking to. "Did you t-talk to Jalen?"

Serina spoke up. "He's getting here as fast as he can. It won't be too long, sweetheart. You aren't fully dilated just yet so try and relax."

The soccer goalie nodded, drinking from her water.

Something in her mind and body didn't feel right. Reese had obviously never birthed children before but this felt different. It felt strange.

For one, as usual, Jalen's children were having a field day with her organs, making the experience even more painful. They must know today is the day.

Reese leaned back against the pillows, rubbing her belly. By this point, it was huge and looked ready to pop. They were 2 weeks early but after her nurses spent hours convincing her it was normal, she finally relaxed.

"Please just hold on, guys." She mumbled to the ceiling as her vision began to blur. "Daddy will be here soon."

After having the worse possible late season collapse, the Philadelphia Eagles lost in the NFL Playoffs. Jalen, who constantly blamed himself, had the Eagles in practice every single day to fix their problems. That would explain why he was taking so long to get to the hospital while they were in the middle of offseason.

The Quarterback was currently sitting in an assload of traffic on Broad Street. There were only so many traffic laws he could break until he was simply gonna have to go to jail and miss the birth of his children.

"If this nigga don't go down the fuckin' street." Jalen said, hitting his horn. "Like nigga the light is green."

As far as how Jalen's life was going? He wasn't sure. Jalen still hadn't been able to get the city of Philadelphia the championship they deserved. It wasn't something that he held full blame for but in all honesty, it felt that way.

What did him a great deal of comfort was knowing that irregardless of all of it, Jalen was still doing good in life. He won NFL MVP last season despite not winning the Super Bowl, and he and Reese's relationship was exactly where he'd always wanted it to be.

All it took was a little more patience and a little less attitude, and here they were- where they were meant to be.

"Reese Davis." Jalen panted to the woman behind the desk, Jordan in tow.

The horrified receptionist eyed them, still clad in Eagles practice gear before glancing reluctantly at her computer. "Sorry. Family only."

"Bi-" He took a deep breath. "My fiancée is about to give birth. My name is Jalen. Jalen Hurts."

Meanwhile, Reese laid in bed, gritting in pain as she held a death grip on both her mother's hands. Not only was Reese fully dilated, the nurse had just instructed her that it was time to start delivery.

"I have to... wait for Jalen." The soccer goalie blinked, feeling faint. "It's not time yet."

Serina looked at Sterling. "Go find out where Jalen is. She won't have them unless he-"

The Houston born Quarterback crashed into the room, settling his eyes immediately on Reese. She was sweating and pain could be easily spotted on her face.