“My friend likes you very much,” Xu Luowen said, a bit embarrassed, “before I came to Beijing, he especially asked me to ask you for an autographed photo.”

Nan HuaiLin smiled and said, “It’s okay, no problem.”

Xu Luowen handed him the photo and pen, “Thank you.”

Nan HuaiLin signed his name on the bottom right corner of the paper and returned the photo and pen.

Xu Luowen said “thank you” again and turned around to go out.

Nan HuaiLin went back to reading the script. Not long after, he heard the door open and thought it was Man TianZhu coming back, he looked up and just said the word “Mn”, then he stopped abruptly.

The person who came in was not Man TianZhu, but Shi Yan, whom he hadn’t seen for a long time. Shi Yan closed the door, locked it with his hand, and walked towards Nan HuaiLin.

Nan HuaiLin stood up sharply and looked at Shi Yan with a wary face, without making a sound. The last time he saw Shi Yan was in Hengdian, during the filming of Land of Stars. A year has passed, and he had turned from an obscure eighteenth tier to the hottest actor in China, while Shi Yan was still standing still.

“Long time no see.” Shi Yan stood two steps away from him, gazing at him steadily.

Nan HuaiLin frowned, “How did you know I was here?”

Shi Yan smiled, “You’re so popular now, it’s not hard to know your whereabouts.”

“You followed me?” Nan HuaiLin asked in a deep voice.

“Sort of.” Shi Yan took out a box of cigarettes from his pocket, took one out and put it in his mouth, only when he was about to light it did he remember to ask, “Do you mind?”

“I do.” Nan HuaiLin’s face was expressionless, “Looking for me something?”

Shi Yan still lit the cigarette, took a deep puff, exhaled white smoke, looking a little… masculine.

Nan HuaiLin took two steps back and held his breath.

Shi Yan was silent for a while before he said helplessly, “You should know very well why I am looking for you, so why do I have to say it out loud and humiliate myself again?”

Nan HuaiLin thought about it and had a vague idea. But he didn’t say anything, quietly waiting for Shi Yan to speak.

Sure enough, Shi Yan sighed and continued, “I explained to you about the nude photo incident last time, and I also humbled myself, but you said you wouldn’t take it personally. But behind the scenes, you used all kinds of means to retaliate against me, as if you wouldn’t stop until SiRui Media was ruined.”

Shi Yan paused and turned to the topic, “To be honest, not only did you not lose anything with the nude photos, but you gained a lot of benefits, didn’t you? I’m not sure if it’s too much to say that you’ve been blessed by the situation, but Nan Nan, you really don’t have to come back at me, I’m really… I’m really tired of it.”

Nan HuaiLin didn’t know what Fei Cheng had done to SiRui Media, but thought that the situation had developed to a precarious point, otherwise Shi Yan wouldn’t have come to him.

After a moment of silence, he spoke lightly, “So, you came all the way here to accuse me?”

Shi Yan threw most of the remaining cigarette to the ground and stomped it out, looked up into Nan HuaiLin’s eyes and said, “No, I’m here to beg you. To beg you for the sake of our seven years of love together, to be forgiving, to let me go, and to let Si Rui go.”

Nan HuaiLin no longer felt even a bit sad or angry because of this person, he just felt ridiculous and a bit helpless.

He didn’t want to explain anything, he just wanted to end this uncomfortable conversation as soon as possible.

“I see your point,” he said calmly, “I will let you get what you want, you can go now.”

Shi Yan froze for two seconds and then suddenly laughed, loudly, as if Nan HuaiLin had just told a particularly funny joke. Nan HuaiLin looked at him blankly, not knowing what was wrong with him all of a sudden.

Shi Yan laughed so hard that tears came out of his eyes, he pressed his palms against his eyes, took a deep breath, looked at Nan HuaiLin and said, “Do you think I’m particularly ridiculous now, like a clown? You must especially regret having been with me, and feel that those seven years have been fed to the dogs?”

Nan HuaiLin was silent for two seconds and slowly shook her head, “I have never regretted it.”

This answer was obviously beyond Shi Yan’s expectation, and he looked at Nan HuaiLin in a daze.

Nan HuaiLin paused, then said, “Long Yingtai said, in our life, one decision leads to another decision, one chance predestines another chance, one road is bound to the next road, there is no turning back. If there was no you, there would be no me today, so I never regret it, and, trying to live each day now is not enough, I don’t want to waste my precious time on meaningless things.”

Shi Yan hooked his lips, “So, I don’t mean anything to you anymore, right?”

Nan HuaiLin looked at him, “You don’t mean anything to me now.”

Shi Yan nodded imperceptibly with a gloomy face, “Understood.”

The sound of turning the door handle sounded at the door, followed by Man TianZhu’s voice, “Xiao Nan, are you in there?”

“I’m here!” Nan HuaiLin answered and turned to Shi Yan, “I have to go.” He grabbed his script and phone, and as he brushed past, Shi Yan grabbed his wrist violently.

“I owe you an apology,” Shi Yan stared into his eyes, “Nan Nan, I’m sorry for everything… I’m really sorry.”

Nan HuaiLin could feel that Shi Yan, at this moment, was sincere. He smiled, “It’s really okay.”

Shi Yan let go of his hand in dismay.

Nan HuaiLin paused, “It’s better to quit smoking, goodbye.”

He walked over to open the door, Man TianZhu glanced inside and saw only a back.

“Let’s go.” Nan HuaiLin closed the door with his hand.

“Who was it?” Man TianZhu asked in a whisper.

Nan HuaiLin was silent for a moment, then smiled slightly and replied, “A friend from long ago.”

When he got on the elevator, Man TianZhu asked, “Where do you want to go for dinner?”

Nan HuaiLin thought for a moment, “Sister Zhu, I have to go to the company.”

Man TianZhu looked at him, “Why are you going to the office?”

Nan HuaiLin smiled and said, “I miss Mr. Fei.”

Man TianZhu, “…Oh.”

When he got into the car, Nan HuaiLin called Fei Cheng.

The other side answered quickly, “Wife, do you miss your husband?”

Nan HuaiLin heard his voice and felt happy, the corners of her mouth involuntarily rose, “Have you had lunch?”

Fei Cheng said, “No, I’m still busy with some things at hand, I’ll go eat later.”

Nan HuaiLin asked again, “What do you want to eat? I’ll bring it to you.”

Fei Cheng smiled and said, “First I want to eat you, second I want to eat you, and third I still want to eat you.”

Nan HuaiLin said, “Then I’ll buy whatever I want, but don’t blame me if it’s not good.”

Fei Cheng said, “Even if you feed me poison, I will eat it willingly.”

“Don’t be stupid,” Nan HuaiLin said, “Hanging up, see you later.”

Fei Cheng said, “Hubby is waiting for you all cleaned up.”

+++++++
The author has something to say:

Xu Luowen: I came to make some sauce.