Flashback 9

5 years ago - The Incident.

I had been ready hours ago, waiting until someone told us it was time to go. Summer had kicked in again and Isa and I were lazing around in front of the fan. The fan stopped working and Isa sighed before forcing himself up.

"I'll put the generator on," He said.

"We need to get a UPS. I feel like the electricity is going more and more often now," I complained.

"You've seriously started complaining more recently," Isa commented and I glared at him.

"Don't blame me! Blame my hormones. Pregnancy makes people moody," I explained and he rolled his eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me!"

"Don't use your pregnancy as an excuse to complain," Isa replied.

"Excuse me? What right do you have to tell me not to complain when you complain all the time!"

"I'm feeling too hot to talk. Let's just sit on front of the fan quietly, please," Isa said, sitting next to me after turning the generator on. I felt the breeze of the fan and sighed in relief.

"Too hot to talk about our kid?" I asked and Isa grinned.

"Our son," He responded and I grinned back. We found out in one of the recent check ups that we were having a son.

"How about the name Uthman?" I asked.

"It's nice I guess. But I don't know, I'm not feeling it."

"Dawud?"

"Hmm... Nah."

"Yaqub?"

"That sounds like an older person's name to me."

"Noman?"

"It's not pronounced well in English."

"Yusuf?"

"No, the name reminds me of the guy in Eastenders," Isa said and I frowned at him.

"Are you serious?"

"I do not like that character! Okay?"

"First of all, we haven't had the chance to watch something like Eastenders since we came here, second of all, we never even watched it in England, third of all, how do even remember that character? And why would you associate such a beautiful name with him?"

"I watched it a couple of years back in Mama's house. She told me there was a Muslim family and so I began to watch it only to be scarred by the misrepresentation. The guy named Yusuf was abusing his wife and it just made me so sad that it got embedded into my memory. It's quite unfortunate," Isa said and I shook my head.

"I cannot believe you."

"What's wrong with Isa junior? His name can be Isa ibn Isa. How cool is that? Or he can be Isa the second and sound royal," Isa said with a mischievous grin.

"Yeah, because that won't cause any confusion at all! I'll say Isa and both of you will come running. I know, why don't I name myself Isa too and we can be the Isa family," I said sarcastically.

"No need, Esha sounds a lot like Isa anyway. Almost like the female equivalent."

"Razeen?"

"That's a name?"

"Yeah! I had a friend whose fiance was named that! You've never heard of it?"

"No..."

"Okay, tell me names you have heard," I said, sitting up.

"There are so many names! Too many to choose from. I don't know!" Isa still couldn't think of a single name to choose. He could be so incredibly indecisive.