008

8
_____________________________________________

Last night I tossed and turned which was surprising since most of the time when I slept next to Marcus I felt safe and usually slept like a baby.

I yawed, stretching my arms above me before placing them back down.

I tighten my robe across my body not even looking to see if Marcus was still next to me.

He always woke up before me either to go to the gym or to make breakfast for us both.

However it was obviously the latter, when I took a quick shower throwing on a black sweater with tights to match and making my way downstairs. I saw four of them gulping down water with sweat clearly dripping down their bodies all standing in the kitchen.

It would've been every girls wet dream if it weren't for my uncles and father.

"How was the gym?" I ask startling them all.

"Pleasant." Jack says sarcastically, taking another sip of his water.

Nicholas didn't appear to have broken a damn sweat at all. While Charlie and Marcus seem to be catching their damn breaths.

"Morning sweetheart, did you sleep well?" Dad finally says about to pull me into a hug but I grimace.

"No thank you." I push back causing him to laugh.

I lean over to kiss Marcus cheek but he pulls away.

"Babe I'm sweaty." He winced but nonetheless patted the side of my cheek as a way to show affection.

"I'll be back I need a shower." Marcus says going up the stairs. When he finally disappeared I narrowed my eyes back at the three man standing before me.

"How did it go?" I ask suspiciously.

"Good he's definitely a beast in the gym that's for sure." Jack says impressed.

"Shut up, she's not asking about that and everyone is better than you when it comes to lifting weights." Nicholas says slapping the back of Jack's head before walking off with Jack arguing right behind him.

"It went well but I don't think he's for you Havana." Dad says making my heart to drop.

"But you just said last night that you liked him?" I say in utter disbelief.

"Just because I like him doesn't mean I think he's for you. Havana you've always been adventurous ever since you were a damn child." He says placing his water bottle in the trash can.

"What the hell does that mean? So what? Who doesn't like a little excitement in their lives?"

He pauses coming back over to me.

"Answer me this, does the word excitement cross your mind when you look at that young man upstairs?" He asked.

No

"I-I—I couldn't even get the words out before he cut me off to answer for me.

"Exactly, he's safe and secure sure but that's not something that you struggle with and it's not what you're looking for." He said causing me to close my mouth.

Where was all of this coming from?

"You've hid him from me for months and now after spending almost two days with him Ana I finally know why." He chuckled patting my head.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked looking around, wanting to changed the subject. I didn't have time for this especially at this time of the morning.

It was still quite early around nine and having a heart to heart discussion with Charlie is something that I didn't want or even have the brain capacity for.