06| Princess vs Commoner

"Get up, you two! This isn't the comfort of our own beds for an all-day nap," Samhita scolds, giving Rayan and Liza a gentle poke

They're all tangled up in sleep, hands sprawled over each other's faces and stomachs. Instead of springing into action, they let out a collective groan. Shifting their positions slightly, they sink further into the comforting embrace of their dreams, deliberately ignoring Samhita's call.

She heaves a frustrated sigh, feeling like she's reached the end of her rope. There is only one way to snap them out of their sleepy daze: fear of Maharaja Vikramaditya. 

"Maharaja is aware of who we are. We're officially branded as prisoners now," she lies through her teeth, and just as she predicted, it does the trick.

Rayan jolts upright, eyes wide, swiftly collecting his possessions. "Meet me at the rear gate. No delays. We're making our escape from there," he instructs, delivering a gentle slap to Liza's face. "Leave her be. She's a nuisance; they'll toss her out willingly," he adds in a matter-of-fact tone.

Samhita bites her lip, trying her hardest not to burst into laughter at her friend's gullibility. Seriously? He actually believed her lie. If they were really declared prisoners, he'd be waking up to soldiers with swords at his throat, not her.

"I fabricated the whole thing. Nothing has happened," She utters with a twist of her lips.

Rayan's hand crashes down onto the table in a burst of anger, "I'm tempted to march right up to the king and spill the truth myself, just to avenge the countless fears you've imposed upon me. I want him to wrap his own hands around your throat and end you." he declares with a simmering intensity.

"Rayan, seriously, that thing you just said sounds all kinds of wrong," Samhita shakes her head in disbelief. "And, keep your voice down, alright? We don't need to draw any unnecessary attention," she warns, fastening the necklace around her neck.

A groans escapes her throat. The garments themselves feel like they weigh tons, and now with the addition of the jewelry, it's almost unbearable. How on earth do people manage to go about their daily tasks burdened by such heavy attires?

"Right or wrong, I don't know, but stop freaking scaring me like this," Rayan curses, running his hands over his face to shake off the remains of sleep. "And where are you off to all dressed up?" he asks, perching on the bed.

"We can't afford to sit idly by, can we? We're on a mission, and I can't stay cooped up in this chamber any longer," Samhita responds, giving herself a quick once-over in the mirror. Once satisfied with her appearance, she reaches for the gate. 

"But who's gonna dress me up?" Rayan blurts out, jumping to his feet. "I'm clueless about their attire. I wouldn't even know where to begin."

Samhita lets out a sigh. Approaching Rayan, she gently cups his cheek and throws him a teasing grin. "Oh, my sweet scientist Rayan." Rayan raises an eyebrow, caught off guard by her playful jab. She turns his face, directing his gaze toward the bed where Liza lies, sound asleep. "This Liza here will be your saviour," she declares, patting his cheek.