Bedtime

The most disconcerting thing to the league was how well the kids were taking this. Barring the initial confusion (which is fair), they'd been shockingly lighthearted. Even when they were being interrogated by the biggest heroes in the world, they showed nothing beyond confusion and minor discomfort. Since being reunited the six of them had clambered into a sort of doggy pile on the floor.
They weren't talking, Diana noticed, they just looked at each other and gestured and occasionally burst into giggles.

"What are they doing?" Clark asked, eyes glued on the Clone. who had his arms crossed tightly, tucked between two of his friends.

"They're talking." J'onn replied from somewhere behind them. "In a non-literal sense."

"What do you mean?"

"Ms. Martian has created a mind link for them, probably for privacy."

"What are they saying?"

"...Ms. Martian is... more powerful than I anticipated... "

No one said anything for a while. There was an unspoken truth floating silently between the heroes: there was something up with these kids.

'What's up, big guy?' Artemis made sure Conner saw her hand before patting his chest, so as not to spook him.

'Does this happen to have something to do with your interrogation with Superman?' Dick asked.

'With superman?' Kaldur demanded, eyes flared. 'Conner, what happened?'

'Hey lay off him, K, you know that clown always upsets Supey.' Wally checked his nails theatrically. 'Besides, I noticed you were in pretty bad spirits when they brought you out here...'

'What? Kaldur?' M'gann asked, surprised. 'What happened?'

'It--'

'And don't you DARE say that it's nothing!'

'He just criticized my authority.' Kaldur shifted uncomfortably. 'he-- king Orin-- implied that I'm too gentle and effeminate to lead.'

'He WHAT?' Wally demanded, unsure of how anyone on earth could argue that their leader was too gentle to do his job. They clearly hadn't seen how brutal Kaldur was when they didn't wear their jackets outside.

Artemis was practically frothing at the mouth, glaring holes through the league members in the corner, trying to spot the offending man. 'where is he?!'

'SHH!' Robin nudged her, jerking his head at the approaching figure. 'Look who's heading our way...'

Diana struck out in their direction, only to be met with the kids nudging each other, and the oldest scrambling upright.

"Excuse me, do you know when we'll be able to return to our earth?"

"I'm afraid I can't help you there." She replied gently. "But I promise we'll get you home as soon as we can contact Doctor Fate. In the mean time, is there anything you need?"

"Your dad's going to be SO mad at us..." The Blonde girl, Artemis, grumbled.

"Oh, you KNOW dad's still going to pin it on the team," Robin explained. "he uses blame to cope with his lack of control."

"Rough." Wally's younger counterpart called. "No wonder you go rogue every mission."

"Where would we be if I never went rogue, Wally?" He clicked his tongue, pretending to snap his fingers. "That's right, seal your lips."