vi.

IT WAS JUST after midnight when Carlos boarded his plane in Jeddah

IT WAS JUST after midnight when Carlos boarded his plane in Jeddah. He was finally on his way to see Adora again. The first two races of the new season were done and it didn't look too bad for Carlos. A fourth place finish in Bahrein and a sixth place finish in Jeddah, were acceptable. He could do better, but he scored decent points, and more importantly more than his teammate. The other Ferrari couldn't finish the first race and finished a place behind Carlos in Saudi-Arabia.

Carlos knew that Charles was the Golden Boy of Ferrari. He was the one they wanted to see succeed. Carlos wasn't. They didn't wanted him to succeed in the way they wanted Charles to. They wanted him to be directly behind the Monegasque driver, but never before. The Tifosi liked him, but at the end was Charles the Golden Boy. Always was, always will.

He needed to accept that. He did, because he knew in what he was getting himself into by signing a contract with the Scuderia.

What he didn't needed to accept was the hate he was getting. The hate he got for his first win in Silverstone or now for scoring more points than his teammate.

For the media it seemed like he didn't care, the people around him told to not care. In the end he did care. He didn't took it to heart what people were writing about him on the internet, but he did care. A little part of either his heart or brain cared.

All of that was on his mind during the take off. After that his mind was completely blank, because he fell asleep. Over the flight he catched 5 hours of sleep and woke up shortly before landibg in Belgium.

iMESSAGE

CARLOS + ADORA

CARLOS
just landed
are you already here?
seen at 06:22 a.m.

CARLOS
i'm waiting inside the airport
text me when you're here

ADORA
just pulled up. give me a few and i'll be inside
are you wearing a red jacket?

CARLOS
no. i don't

ADORA
i noticed that it wasn't u. this frenchie looked awful. good luck to him finding a gf

CARLOS
😭
i cannot see u anywhere

ADORA
i'll find you. give me a second
look out for a little obsessed boy with good looking hair. he wears the name alesandro sanchez