𝐢. 𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐚

𝐢.
𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

⋆       𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦      ⋆

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Cady snaps, sitting across from me at my parent's sleek mahogany dinner table.

I've only been here a whopping forty-three minutes and I already want this family 'dinner' to be over with.

My mother, who's situated to my left at the head of the table, adorns her favorite silk navy pleated blouse, black slacks, and a deepening frown on her lips as she glares sharply at my sister.

"Language." She scolds. Cady rolls her eyes.

Neither Cady nor myself are particularly a fan of our mother.

Both of us have valid reasons behind our disdain for her. The same goes for our father. If we're even able to call him that, considering how absent he's been throughout our lives.

We only attend these dinners to satiate our parent's need to socialize with their success stories and get information out of us to brag to their wealthy friends about. How they helped build us. Mould us into what we are.

Which isn't entirely false.

But along the way, they forgot that they were parents and used the both of us as cash cows to fuel their lavish trips across Europe, expensive clothes, jewelry, cars, and other accessories that only absurd amounts of money could buy.

Shit—the house we're in now was bought with our money.

To them, we were personified dollar signs. They exploited my sister and I for their own personal gain. Growing up dirt-poor didn't help matters, but they could've figured out another way to get by.

Instead, they threw us into children's shows. Commercials and product advertisements in magazines to the highest bidder.

When we hit our mid-teens, Cady was shoved into teen shows—which did surprisingly well considering her hatred for acting. She was even forced to release an album. She was told to 'ride the tidal wave of fame', didn't have any say in the matter. It didn't do too bad though, all things considered. But she hated every second of that time in her life and refuses to acknowledge its existence to this day.

"You aren't with him still, are you?" Speaks my sister, ignoring our mother entirely as her eyes meet mine.

I glance to my right at my father, who's as unbothered as ever. He doesn't speak much these days. Our mother used to walk all over him in the past to the point where he now knows to keep his mouth shut if he wants to stay out of her firing range. Coward.

I lift my gaze back to the blonde. "No. We broke up almost a week ago." My throat tightens at the thought.

The thought of Ryan with someone else.