OsaSuna

Chapter-specific Content Warnings:
- Mention of past car accident and major injuries

For everyone who prefers hearing the story there is an audiobook version at the bottom of the chapter.

---------------------

Suna sighed. What was he doing here? He didn't exactly want to do the challenge but he did agree. At the time it seemed like a good idea and after all, Kita did participate as well.

...

He groaned and hid his face in his arms. A quiet chuckle echoed through the room as Osamu entered and sat down next to him. His hand found its way into Suna's hair as he started to play with the dark strands.
"What's gotten you all moody and frustrated?" he asked playfully.

However, Suna was well accustomed to the subtle changes in his voice. Well, enough to hear the genuine concern underneath.
"Hey Samu?... What would you do if I'd die?"

Osamu froze, the hand in his hair stopped and for a moment Suna wasn't even sure if the other was still breathing.
He looked up to assess his reaction further and his eyes widened at the utter horror reflected in Osamu's eyes.

"Samu?" he asked carefully.

The silver-haired took a shuddered breath in a weak attempt to compose himself.
"Sorry, I... I'm being dramatic, I guess Tsumu rubbed off on me."
He tried to laugh but it failed miserably.

Suna sat up, worry building rapidly within his chest. He searched Osamu's eyes for an answer when it clicked and his heart clenched with guilt.
"Do you still get the nightmares... about what happened in high school?"

The raven felt his own throat tightening. He gulped as the horrid memories of the car crash came back. It happened years ago but the images never faded as they said they would. He knew for a fact that /he/ still got the nightmares occasionally. He saw Osamu bleeding out all over again just that this time there was no one to help...

It felt as though he should have healed from it by now but he didn't, not completely. He doubted that he ever would.

Osamu nodded slowly his voice giving out on him.
"Yeah... I-I'm scared that one day I... I won't be there to save ya."

A small smile tugged at Suna's lips and broke the expression of worry.
"And here I am, scared that you might try to save me again."

In their second year of high school Suna and Osamu had been involved in a car accident. It was a very rainy day and hard to see more than a few meters. The driver overlooked the red light and he would have hit Suna head-on hadn't Osamu pushed him out of the way and shielded him as they fell. He placed himself between Suna and the wreck where the car had now collided with the objects on the sidewalk and metal pieces had splintered off, one of which had pierced Osamu's abdomen.

Suna didn't know how it would have ended if Osamu hadn't attempted to save him, he just knew that by doing so he was suddenly covered in Osamu's blood and had to fear for his life. He was terrified of that happening again.

"I would always save you," Osamu insisted much to his dismay. "without even hesitating. And before you try to argue don't think for a moment I have forgotten that you'd do the same for me."

The words of protest were already assembling on Suna's lips but Osamu effectively stopped them with a ain't kiss.

...

"Let's just make sure that neither of us needs to be saved anymore," Suna suggested with a small pout.

Osamu nodded slowly before tilting his head again and pressing another kiss to his lips. It was a kiss charged with emotions, all his pain, fear, love, and devotion poured into this one kiss. Things words might not have been able to convey wrapped in a small gesture and Suna lived for it.

His heart beat faster under Osamu's touch, his skin was laced with a pleasant warmth, and he yearned for the comfort Osamu's love inflicted within him.
"I love you, Samu," he said affectionately as they separated. "I love you. I love you for as long as I am capable of love whether that'll be till death or beyond."

He didn't feel the tear running down his cheek until Osamu wiped it away gently. Tender as all of his touches were he caressed his cheek and traced the contours of his face.
"I love you too, Rin. Until the end of time and space itself."

He pulled him into his arms, holding him as tightly as possible as though he'd refuse to ever let go again.

---------

~ in the gc ~

Atsumu: ...

Oikawa: ...

Hinata: That was so cute! 🥺

Tendo: ...
Tendo: What happened in high school? 😃

Lev: ^

Bokuto: ^ 😰

Suna: You don't know?

Noya: We wouldn't ask if we did 🤨

Oikawa: ...

Kita: Should I tell them @Suna, @Atsumu?

Suna: sure...

Kita: Osamu and Suna were involved in a car accident in their second year of high school. Osamu's condition remained critical for a while after.

Hinata: I'm so sorry!

Tendo: Oh gods...

Daichi: That explains it. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Bokuto: 😰😰😰

Suna: Stop that!
Suna: It happened years ago. Today opened up some old sounds that's all. I should have thought about it beforehand.

Atsumu: Make sure Samu is alright!

Suna: Of course.

Atsumu: Also, what was that but about me rubbing off on him!? I'm not that dramatic!

Suna: 🙄

Noya: Why don't you go next to prove it? 😉

Atsumu: Fine 😤
Atsumu: Omi will probably just ignore me so that's that...

~ Atsumu is offline ~

Oikawa: He really has no idea how attached Sakusa is to him 😶

Tendo: Just like you with ✨Iwa-chan✨?

Oikawa: Ey!

-------------------------

Next is SakuAtsu!
Yay! I'm so excited for that ship!

Tell me if I should add any other ships to this challenge and what you thought of this chapter in the comments!

Now have a great day!

PS:
The detailed story of the car crash is on my YT: NerdyNekoma. It's called "A Life-long Promise" and I plan to eventually upload it to Wattpad as well but for now you can find it only on YT.