Chapter 8

It's been two weeks since our night out, and my friendship with Xander is going great. Despite the positive growth with Xander, things between Daniel and me remain stagnant, reflecting the same old situation of the past couple of months. What bothers me is Daniel's distant behaviour, acting as if nothing happened that night. This lack of acknowledgment raises concerns and adds a worrying level to our already strained relationship.

Kelly and Jaz share my doubt about the situation. According to them, Daniel's behaviour has taken a strange turn, and their warning comments increase the sense of uncertainty surrounding the dynamics between us. The puzzling shift from intense anger to a calm and composed state leaves me wondering about the emotions and motivations beneath the surface.

He continues to come home late almost every night, but my routine remains the same. I still take care of the house, cooking all our meals and make sure I do everything to his liking. It's a usual pattern I've maintained, although during this routine, though I've seen another change–he hasn't tried to initiate sex again. His lack of advances gives me an unexpected sense of relief. The idea of being that close to him again makes me anxious, knowing I'll feel uneasy afterward. This change in our physical relationship adds a new layer of difficulty to our already complicated connection.

To be honest, I'm not sure whether he even comes to bed anymore. The demands of my busy workdays lead me to fall asleep quickly most nights. By the time I wake in the mornings, he's already gone. The lack of shared moments in our bed has become more visible these days. It creates physical distance with us, emphasizing the changes in our relationship.

The ladies and I made the decision to go out for a late dinner since they weren't keen on the idea of me always being home alone. Once again, Daniel said that he would be working late and implied not waiting up for him.

We collectively settled on our all-time favourite–seafood platters and it was absolutely delicious. The company of the ladies added the perfect finishing touch to a fantastic night out. Jazzy said she was craving strawberry cheesecake ice cream, so we decided to head there next.

As we walk out of the restaurant, laughing at the nonsense Kelly has coming out of her mouth, my steps suddenly come to an abrupt halt. I spot Daniel's black Mercedes parked to the side, but it's not the vehicle itself that catches my attention and freezes me in place.

It's the surprising sight of him leaning against the side of his car, flanked by two women—one snuggled in each of his arms. His hand boldly rests on Jenny's ass, giving it a firm squeeze while sucking on her neck. Her head thrown back, seemingly in a state of pleasure. In his other arm, there's a petite blonde woman. His hand placed into her jean shorts, seductively clawing at her ass. He teasingly pulls the string of her red G-string up, letting it snap back into place, getting a playful giggle from her. She responds by kissing his neck, adding to the unreal scene that has left me frozen in disbelief.

The girls followed my gaze and immediately jumped into action, stalking up to them and grabbing Daniel's attention. However, it takes him a bit to register what is about to happen because of his lustful and dazed state. In a quick and firm move, Kelly grabs Jenny by the hair, and Jaz does the same to the other girl, ripping them away from him with obvious hatred. Jaz and Kelly, fueled by a mix of anger and protectiveness, both deliver harsh slaps to their faces. Despite the shrieks and pointless attempts to block the hits, the assault continues. Their cries for Daniel to help go unanswered, as he is too stunned to even attempt to help them. I honestly think this asshole is high as hell, adding another layer of shock to the already painful scene.

Daniel finally looks up and sees me standing there, causing his dilated eyes to widen in fear. A moment of shock crosses his face as he opens and closes his mouth, as if trying to say something to me. Just as he is about to make his way towards me, Jazzy steps in front of him and delivers a punch to his mouth, resulting in his lip instantly bleeding and causing him to hunch over slightly.

Grabbing the opportunity, Kelly proceeds to throw Jenny into his chest, catching him off guard and causing him to stumble, eventually falling on his ass.

As Daniel struggles with the sudden turn of events, Jaz walks up to him and, with a determined move, empties her now-melted ice cream all over his and Jenny's heads. The unexpected drenching causes Jenny to shriek even louder, making my ears ring a bit. I didn't even notice they placed their cups to the side during the madness of the confrontation.

Daniel isn't reacting anymore; he just looks at me in defeat, recognizing that there isn't any way out of this mess. Jenny and the other girl continue to cry, scream, and cuss at us, pushing Daniel to do something. However, he remains frozen in place, looking at me with eyes that convey a sense of sadness and acceptance. It tugs at my heart to see that expression, but I can't help him this time–it's his own doing, not mine.

 It tugs at my heart to see that expression, but I can't help him this time–it's his own doing, not mine

The ladies walk over to me, each taking a hand and gently pulling me away from the messy disaster zone. It surprises me that nobody else intervened, but then again, it all happened so fast. The sudden move from the intense confrontation to the virtual calm of being pulled away leaves me with a mix of emotions and a lingering sense of shock at the whirlwind of events.

I don't think I would have known what to do with this situation if I didn't have my two friends with me tonight. The shock of the whole situation has my adrenaline still spiking. I've had suspicions about Daniel for some time, but seeing this betrayal first-hand is a whole different level of emotional hurt.

In the aftermath of this heart-racking surprise, a difficult question resounds in my mind: How can he do this to me, to us? 

The weight of this betrayal bears down on my heart, causing a deep ache as I struggle with the shocking surprise of Daniel's actions. The very foundation of trust that once tightly anchored our relationship now crumbles beneath the weight of disbelief and heartache.

It's as if our shared moments and the time we invested in building something meaningful together meant nothing to him. The acceptance of this horrible reality becomes a difficult task, and the weight of the betrayal hangs heavy on my heart, hanging a shadow over the cherished memories and experiences that once defined the core of our relationship. 

Faced with this sudden turn of events, I find myself confronting the painful truth that the foundation we diligently built is now broken, leaving me to struggle with the emotional wreck that now surrounds us.

-----------------------------

Please follow, like and comment, I would love to hear your opinion. (Be kind)