☆ Chapter: 3 ☆

(Tw: mentions of self-harm.)

              Logan pov:

I got up and opened the door. I saw a worried looking Patton. He smiled warmly at me before speaking.

Patton: "Hey Logan, are you okay? You looked pretty sad after your fight with Virgil."

Logan: "I appreciate the concern, but I'm quite alright. You do not have to worry about me."

Patton: "You don't have to lie to me, kiddo. I can see you're not fine, but I'm not going to force you to tell me how you feel. Just remember that I'm here if you need to talk."

Logan: "Thank you, Patton. Now, if you'll please excuse me, I have some work to get done."

Patton nodded with a soft smile before walking away. I closed the door and returned to my desk, and tried to focus on my work.

             ~time skip~

I finally finished my work. I decided to get myself something to eat.
Walking into the kitchen, I see something that angered me for some unknown reason.

Virgil was sitting at the table, a cup of coffee in his hands while he was laughing at something Roman had said.

Why doesn't he ever laugh at things I say?Without realizing it, I'm staring coldly at Roman. He takes notice and decides to excuse himself before leaving. Virgil turns around and sees me.

Logan: "What were you guys talking about?"

Virgil: "I don't see how that's any of your business."

I walk closer to him, and without thinking, I lift his chin and lean closer.

Logan: "Too scared to tell me?"

Virgil doesn't say anything, but looking into his eyes, there is an unreadable emotion. I let go of his chin and pulled away, walking to the coffee machine to pour myself a cup of coffee.

Virgil: "What was that?"

I finish pouring myself a cup of coffee before turning around, leaning against the counter.

Logan: "What do you mean? I simply asked you a question."

Virgil: "Whatever you say."

He walks away, and I feel disappointed for some reason.

              Virgil pov:

I'm practically running to my room. As soon as I'm in my room and the door closed behind me, I slouched down to the floor, cursing under my breath as I realized something. I actually like Logan.

I like someone who will never like me back. My thoughts immediately start to spiral out of control. They all urge me to take the blade and force them away.

I start to cry as I fight the urge to add more marks to my wrist.

As I'm about to take the blade, I hear a voice outside my door.