Amnesia, huh

"Is this your house Levi?" She asks, looking around the house

"Yeah, how old are you?" I ask her, standing up

"Last week I turned 7, you?" She starts becoming more comfortable around me

"I'm 12. You hungry?" I ask and she nods

I signal for her to wait there while I go into the attached kitchen, grab both trays of food and make my way to the living room. I see her sat on the floor, legs crossed and eyes darting across the room.

I sit opposite her and hand her the tray, which she puts on the floor in front of her.

"Wow, thank you very much Levi-Senpai" She says with a wide grin, I notice that one of her front teeth is only half grown

We both eat in a comfortable silence. I finish eating first so I observe her, she looks very tiny. I know she's 7 but she's un-deniably short for her age.

The thing that really draws my attention is her eyes; they're the brightest blue I've ever seen. You could easily get lost in them, they start off dark blue at the edges and as it gets further in it gets brighter and different shades of blue clash and it's beautiful.

I just have boring grey eyes.

"Are you okay Levi? You look a little lost..." The girl breaks me from my trance, her head slightly tilted in confusion

"Eh? Oh, sorry. Yeah I'm fine, just a little tired" I admit and yawn

"Oh... well you can go to bed if you want, I'll leave. Thank you for the food and for looking after me" She says guiltily and stands up

"No! Don't leave, err." I start awkwardly, how should I word this? "Look, I know what it's like to have family abandon you. And the underground is really dangerous, I don't want you to get hurt. I know you've only just met me but... will you live with me? I mean... I will take care of you and -"I stutter

"Wait... you really mean it?" She says, her eyes lighting up

"Yeah..." I trail off awkwardly

She didn't even say anything as her eyes began to tear up and she engulfed me in a big hug.

"Thank you"

I gave her an oversized shirt of mine and some shorts to change into from her black jeans and white shirt, which is weird seeing as though she is from wall Sina.

I insisted on her staying in my bed for this night; but she made multiple points on how she was much slower and the sofa would be better for her. But, when I went to make us both a drink she'd already curled up on the sofa with a blanket and fallen asleep. So I went to bed.

__

I open my eyes as a small figure slowly shakes me. What the...?

"Levi; I had a nightmare" The small girl says, her blue eyes filled with tears.

I move over to the other side of the double bed and sign for her to climb in beside me. She gets next to me in the bed and I pull her into a hug. She buries her head into my chest and I run my fingers through her soft hair and I feel her falling asleep.

-Narrator-

So that was the beginning of a special friendship. Juliet and Levi started sharing a bed after around 6 months after living with each other as the house could get very cold at night and in the early mornings. Although, sometimes either Levi or Juliet would fall asleep on the sofa.

From living with this male from such a young age; she picked up a lot of his habits. Such as his cleaning obsession.

When Juliet was 9, her and Levi made friends with two people in the underground called Farlan and Isabel as they were just a little older than Levi and moved next door.