1.11 - Seven Bells

Start from the beginning

Sloane cutely raised her hand with a smile. "Ah! To protect it from people who want to use it for nefarious means."

"Correct, Sloane." Dad nodded his head in her direction.

"So it's gonna take all of us to defeat the thing protecting the bells." Allison said, making Five turn his head to her. "You're actually buying his crap?"

Allison scoffed at Five and shot back in annoyance, "How is a guardian and bells any crazier than time-traveling briefcases and assassins with cartoon masks?"

"Actually, she's got you there." Luther agreed with his sister.

"Well, if anything it sounds cooler but--" I assured Five but Ben cut me off by standing next to Dad. "I'm in." He looked at me to try and signal me to follow his lead.

No way in hell.

I shook my head lightly at him with wide eyes.

Diego got up as well and joined my brother. "Me too. But I think some of us should stay back. Like Lila." This made Lila get up as well to defend herself. "Uh, or you can stay and I can go."

"No. This is much bigger than all of us. Nobody can stay back." Allison announced to everyone. Jeez, why is she pushing this so hard? She's starting to act like Benny. "You, my children, are all that stands between us and oblivion. Are we ready to go?" Dad tried to get us to all get up now.

I looked at Five before telling Dad, "I'm going to need a second on this."

Viktor nodded his head in agreement with me. "I say we vote."

"This isn't a democracy. Dad's calling the shots." Ben told Viktor seriously.

Five leaned forward and said, "I'm with Viktor. We vote."

"The world is ending and you want to count hands?" Dad said angrily.

"You're asking us to risk our lives. I think it's only fair you give us time to discuss it. Privately." Luther suggested to Dad but he only replied with a scoff as he walked away from us in disappointment.

I stood up with Five and said, "Let's meet back here in an hour." Everyone just agreed with me. It seems not all of us see eye to eye on this.

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡...⋙

A little over an hour later, we all met back up again. Of course, I was standing next to Five by one of the pillars in the lobby.

Allison was the first one to break the silence. "I think you can all guess which way I'll be voting. We've all been through a lot. We've all lost people, some more than once." She looked at Five and me. His grip on my hand got tighter. His sister continued her speech, "But their deaths have to mean something. Which is why I will be voting to go with Dad."

Lila walked next to Allison and Dad. "Let's go save the bloody universe!" She yelled with her fist up in the air.

"Alright, well, since she said yes, I vote to stay. How's that for nice?" Diego countered. I guess him and Lila are arguing.

"Klaus?" Allison looked back at him and asked which side he was on. I thought it was pretty obvious with all of the advocating he's been doing for Dad. "I am with Father." Klaus said and Dad nodded at him in approval.

Allison looked at her side, "Okay, that's four to one. Viktor?" Viktor sighed, "Look, I wanna believe, okay? I really do. I just can't shake the feeling we don't know what we're getting ourselves into." Allison tried her best to convince him but he didn't budge. "I vote stay." Allison looked pissed.