𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 [5]

Warnings: Sensitive topic, self-harm, insecurities.

H/n confessed his love for Y/n only a few months ago and she had the exact same feelings for him. They began on going on dates, then H/n finally popped the question and asked her to be his girlfriend.

With tears in her eyes, Y/n gleefully said yes and from that point on the two were officially dating each other. They moved in together and for the first few weeks, they were happy.

However, their relationship wasn't perfect. Just like every other relationship in the world, there were some problems the two couldn't ignore, then it led to some misunderstanding, which caused the fighting.

Y/n was always insecure about herself and her body, their fights only made her insecurities worse to the point where she couldn't find it in her heart to trust.

Due to H/n always coming home late and he would even ghost Y/n on dates, she assumed that there was another woman and H/n was cheating on her. She'd frequently cry herself to sleep to these thoughts.

The two were basically strangers to each other now. H/n would sleep on the couch and Y/n on the bed, alone in the bedroom.

This went on for a few weeks, until H/n finally had enough. He burst into the bedroom and he was left speechless after the sight he saw. Y/n was asleep on the bed, but her wrists were full of scars on both arms.

He immediately walked closer to her and he gently inspected her scars. He noticed she was still asleep and when he saw her peaceful face, the feeling of guilt and regret washed away all of his anger and frustration.

"Baby..." H/n whispered as he gently brushed a few strands of hair away from her face, "Babe...wake up, please..." He begged as a small tinge of worry formed in his chest.

He sighed out in relief when he saw Y/n's eyes opening. How he loved seeing her eyes...so beautiful... She was beautiful in general.

"Baby..." He whispered again and he immediately pulled her in for a tight hug, "Baby, I'm so sorry... I'm so so sorry..." He apologized as he buried his face into her shoulder, trying to hold back the tears that were forming in his eyes.

She was a bit confused and shocked at this, but then she realized her sleeves were rolled up. Y/n froze in place and she stayed silent. He found out...

"Why? Baby, why do you hurt yourself?.. Is it because of me...?" He asked and she immediately shook her head. Even though it was partially because of him, her insecurities got the best of her and she just couldn't control herself any longer.

She tried to speak but no words came out of her mouth, she felt utterly pathetic at the moment, and she felt even worse when she saw the look in his eyes: the look of guilt and remorse. She absolutely dreaded that look, she hated seeing it from him.

After a few seconds of silence, she finally found the courage to speak, "It's not— okay, it kinda is...but it wasn't entirely because of you! Okay..? I just felt insecure—"

"Of?" He asked, cutting her off as soon as he heard the word 'insecure' come out of her mouth. "Me." She replied and she looked down at the floor, "I'm always so scared that you're cheating on me...I hate that feeling and I hate myself for thinking like that...! I always fear that I'm not pretty enough for you...And sometimes I lose control of myself and I...cut..."

H/n looked at her before he smashed his lips on hers. Y/n was taken aback by this, but she of course kissed him back. She cupped his face in her hands and a few tears escaped her eyes.

He breathed out as he pulled away from the kiss, "You...are the most beautiful and spectacular girl I have ever met...No one...No one can replace you, ever. I love you, Y/n...I love you with every single thing I have. I love your personality, I love everything about you. So, please... don't ever hurt yourself again, okay?.. I love you and only you...! You're the woman I love and it will stay that way. I love you, Y/n...So so much..!"

Y/n was slightly taken aback by his small love speech, but eventually she giggled and wiped her tears away. Her heart felt warm at the sound of his voice reassuring her and it felt so nice to hear.

Her cheeks flushed a tint of red and she giggled again, "I love you too, H/n...I love you so much..." She replied and hugged him again. Finally, after all those months of isolation and separation from each other, they were both in one another's arms again and they never wanted this moment to end. They wanted to stay in each other's arms forever.

They were each other's homes, there was no denying that.

"Let's get you patched up, okay? No more cutting, promise?" He said in a stern but soft voice. She looked up at him and reluctantly nodded her head, "Promise..."

"After we bandage your wrists up... We're gonna cuddle all day if you want... I just want you in my arms again..."

"And I want to be in your arms again. Thank you, H/n...for everything..." She whispered and she kissed his cheek, "No, I should be thanking you... You opened up my eyes... I love you so so much, baby..."

"I love you too..."

A/N: A short one again because I lost motivation and ideas. Sorry for not posting. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!