Day Fifteen: Hair (Oneshot)

(my boys can have fluff before their angst,,, this can be a two parter cos i had ideas for both !! Thank u soli soliidago for replacing my brain with dandelionduo again

i dont really like this one much but its ok we move)

---

"Dude, your hair is gross." Planet says, retracting their hands from it. 

Zam grins sheepishly, attempting to run his fingers through his hair, but almost instantly stopping due to reaching a knot. He doesn't even attempt to try and fix it, instead just carefully putting his hand back down by his side.

"Yeah- I mean, I just forget to wash it sometimes."

Planet frowns, crawling over from where he was sitting behind Zam to flop down next to him instead. 

"Can you wash it for next time we hang out? I wanna braid your hair."

Zam sighs, glancing down at Planet. 

"Fine, but only if I get to braid yours, too."

...

Planet hangs around the Eclipse base, most days. 

Bacon and Jaron are mostly off doing their own things as of now. And if they ever do need him for something, it's never really a short notice thing that requires they drop everything. So they have plenty of time to themselves.

And the Eclipse base, well not as efficient as their own, is nice. And the cool underground atmosphere is a welcome change from the perpetually hot air of the mesa. 

They don't really have much to do here, either. Vitalasy and Subz are always secretive about whatever they have going on and Zam's got about as little to do as them, he seems to know the same about what his teammates are doing as Planet does.

So, they spend most of their time together.

As a result, Planet's the first to notice that Zam isn't really taking care of himself.

I mean, he never really is. And that's fine, because they aren't the type to police Zam on whatever he wants to do, cause it's his choice. That's his teammates job, if anything. 

But they know that Subz and Vitalasy won't and talking to them about it won't really change much because Planet's pretty sure they only really listen to them when Zam's around, because Zam wants them to listen.

So the responsibility falls onto Planet. Who doesn't want to confront Zam directly about the whole thing because A, there's really no way to get it through Zam's head, and B, Planet's not really good about having conversations like that anyways.

So, he goes with the alternative. 

They stop Zam as he walks into the base. Standing face to face with him makes it easier to notice how disheveled he looks.