A/N

!PLEASE AT LEAST READ UNTIL THE "***" IN ORDER TO CLEAR SOMETHING UP ABOUT THIS FANFIC!

Before I write this, I'd like to make it clear that when I say I'm referring to Y/n as a girl, I do not mean it in a homophobic way considering that this is an Ian X Reader. I'm gonna make Ian bi in this, because I do believe that him being gay is an important part of him and the show and it doesn't deserve to be left out. 

Feel free to picture Y/n as a guy if you'd like, or any other gender, but as I said I'm just going to refer to her as a girl. I'll be sure to include Ian being gay in this story. 

I've seen people hate on other fanfics saying it's homophobic how the reader is a girl and is with Ian considering he's gay, I don't mean it in that way and I never will. I'm writing this because girls also like him and guys it's just a fanfic about a fictional character anyway. It's not like I'm making him fully straight, because that's something I'd consider homophobic. There are other gay characters like Richie Tozier (ignore his age I was young when I read them 😭 ) and many fanfics about him are about him being with a girl, I haven't seen one person hate on that so far. 

If you have a problem with it, please leave. But I'd like to write this story to make my thoughts about this fanfic come to life. Again, I'm not homophobic, in fact I enjoy the company of gay people considering that I'm friends with a lot of them. I truly believe everyone should be happy with their sexuality and find someone they're comfortable with. 

Picture y/n as any gender you want, but please, don't hate on me for simply wanting to write a fanfic about a fictional character. 

(P.S. not that it has anything to do with it, but people say that Ian is bi in the original Shameless, and well, Cameron is straight. This doesn't have anything to do with it but just saying.)

If I see a comment about homophobia, since I'm thinking I've made it pretty clear that I'm not, I will delete it. Sorry. 

Btw guys if I was homophobic I probably wouldn't be able to look at Ian and Mickey and I mean I love those two lmao. 

*******

Anyways, other than that... since this fanfic is about shameless and well, shameless has a lot of shameless stuff in it, I'm going to make y/n do some shameless stuff, pls don't hate me 😭 

Like, if you see something and think it's weird or inappropriate, well this is Shameless so don't be surprised, lmao. 

Also guys I'm warning you rn, if I lose interest in this book like some of my other ones, I'm sorry I couldn't stop myself from writing this lmao. 

Other than that, I hope you enjoy!