Chapter Nineteen: Consume

Start from the beginning

"Wait!" Shiro quickly silenced Yuji by standing in front of him. Before Yuji could carry Luis to the people, he stopped in place when he noticed the people were staggering in their steps and the snarling was coming from them. Yuji takes a step back as he clutches Luis tighter. Suddenly one of them sprints away from the group and straight towards Yuji. Now having a clear view of what these people are, Yuji can smell rotting flesh from them. It was hard to ignore and the person who was sprinting towards them stopped five feet in front of them.

This person, this zombie, lets out a ferocious growl. "Oh crap," Yuji said, eyes widening. It charged to Yuji and with his free hand, Yuji punched it away. The sprinter slams into a tree and the zombies are going wild as Luis bleeds heavily. "We need to get out of here!" Shiro exclaimed.

"Quick, get on my back!" Yuji yells to Shiro. Without hesitation, Shiro does so and Yuji sprints away from the horde. Yuji runs fast as he carries the two men, glancing behind him to see the running zombies are still after them. What the hell are they, World War Z zombies?! Yuji notices Luis is quiet and Yuji's side is completely drenched in blood. "Look there!" Shiro yells as he sees a police station. Yuji rushes in the direction and Luis's body grows heavier and suddenly he slips out of Yuji's hold. "Luis!" Yuji yelled as he went back to grab him. Luis was lying on the ground, barely moving as the horde was getting closer to them. Shiro hops off of Yuji's back and grabs his shoulder. "Leave him!" Shiro yelled, trying to pull Yuji away from Luis's body.

Yuji did not listen to Shiro, going back to Luis's body and picking him up. Yuji hoists the curse user over his shoulder and looks to find Shiro, who is already at the police station. Luis groans in pain as Yuji runs before a Sprinter can leap onto them. When Yuji caught up to Shiro, he grabbed his arm and before the two curse users knew it, Yuji leaped into the air. When he makes it to the third floor, he kicks a window in and lands in a dark hallway. Luis grunts out in pain loudly as he holds his side. "You were going to leave him!" Yuji snapped at Shiro, pinning the man against the wall by his shirt.

"Our goal is to get to Y/N, we know what we signed up for," Shiro argues.

"He's right Yuji," Luis groans. "Our main concern is to get to Y/N and put the tracker on her or else this would be for nothing." Shiro kneels and places pressure on Luis's injury. "He's going to bleed out if we don't find something," Shiro grumbles as blood keeps pouring from the wound.

Yuji looks around the dark hall they find themselves in. It looked oddly familiar but he didn't quite know why. "It's a police station right?" Yuji said as he eyed the dark hallway. It was ominous and just looking down it was giving him bad vibes.

"There should be some kind of medical supplies or weapons around here," Yuji comments as he continues to stare down that dark hallway. He glances back briefly when he hears Luis wince in pain as he is gripping his side and pressing his back against the wall.

He brushes his red hair back, wiping the sheen of sweat from his head. "Whatever you plan to do Yuji, be careful," Luis warns. "This place is bringing all of our fears to life, mine, Shiro's, yours, Y/N's, and Sukuna's."

Yuji nods as he slowly descends into the darkness. The hair on the back of his neck stands up and he feels a sudden chill down his spine. The sound of rain hits the windows, where did the rain come from?