Chapter Nineteen: Consume

15 minutes ago...

Yuji was getting restless.

Everywhere he and these two went, they were getting attacked. He's been inside this seal for one hour and it's already going downhill. Yuji's fist slams into what looks like a large, humanoid lizard. It was something that scared him as a kid, this thing would eat human flesh by taking humans into the sewers and devouring them.

What's worse is that he doesn't have his cursed energy, he can't do quite as much damage but his own strength should help him stay alive.

Luis is on the ground, holding his side where a large chunk of flesh is missing. A huge bite was taken out of him. Shiro is beside him, trying to stop the bleeding.

With another punch to the lizard's chest, Yuji killed the lizard humanoid as blood sprayed from its back. With the threat now gone, Yuji helps pick Luis up with ease. His golden brown eyes look around for any kind of shelter or any sign for you.

"This place mimics everything we're afraid of?" Yuji asked in disbelief. He knows he was told it before, but something he was scared of as a kid?! He expected the orb to play on current fears.

"Whatever you feared, even if it's for a small amount of time, is replicated in this seal," Luis explains, grunting in pain. "Our ancestors were bitter old folks when creating these. It was mostly used to seal powerful sorcerers away." Yuji looks surprised by Luis's words. He thought these orbs were created to seal away special-grade curses.

"Why?" Yuji asked as he wrapped Luis's arm around his shoulder. The wound was bleeding profusely and it was making Yuji worried. "What's the deal between you all and the jujutsu tech?"

Shiro sighs as he takes off his glasses to wipe the fog away. "Thousand years ago, the sorcerers made us work under them as our clan can see the future. Or for a better word, slavery. We weren't this powerful yet so it was easy to contain us." Shiro looks around to see if there are signs for you as well. They mustn't waste any time. "So when our ancestors envisioned a huge threat was coming for the sorcerer society, they started planning."

"Wait," Yuji quiets Shiro as he hears something. Yuji halts in his steps when he hears snarls and growls from a distance. All three men turn to see people walking in the trees, heading right toward them. People? Yuji thought you and Sukuna were the only ones here. "Hey, we need help!" Yuji yells, trying to flag the people down.