Chapter Thirty Four

Start from the beginning

Like the ocean eyes of blue

Like burnt hay eyes of hazel

I already knew the story of Titanic and I knew the plot and summery of the movie so it wasn't hard to give a rough backstory

Upper class maiden

Lower class artist

Such a combination seemed almost scandalous. I glanced at Oliver and he looked over at me too, he looked like he was going through hell. How the hell will they act Romeo and Juliet? I feel so sad for him, more than I do for myself. I looked at Mason, he was already looking at me. I maintained the eye contact and counted the seconds.

One

Two

Three

I can't do this! I looked down at the book. His eyes made me fall in love with him all over again and that's not my plan at all. That's not what I'm about right now. I'm about Rose and Jack. Rose whom is engaged and Jack whom is in love with her. Rose who loves him back but isn't right to be with him.

Forbidden fruit

Eureka! That's the tittle of this poem. It's a perfect way to describe the scene and the story in a whole. I took my pen and scribbled on something quick.

Soon enough Mrs. Brown moved round the class and wrote down each groups side project. Some plan to create a dance, some a reading fair project trifold presentation, some a painting, some a song and ours a poem. This project would have been so much more fun to watch if I didn't have to share the same breathing space as Mason.

Time slipped away and it was end of school day. I walked to the parking lot with Oliver and found the rest of the boys there except Mason. I couldn't help but notice Mason didn't join us for lunch today, he was over with Patricia who was three tables away from us. Apparently Mason is cutting his bros off because they didn't cut me off. Isn't that just so childish?

Very childish. That should give you the ick already but you still love him. You're so screwed A tiny voice in my head told me and if made me angry that it was right. Looking at the fact that he is childish, I should move on already. But it's so damn hard. Easier said than done

The boys and I arrived at a café and got coffee. Oliver told us about his near death experience at English. Patricia isn't even willing to corporate and their side project is the reading fair project trifold presentation. Apparently he'll say she 'contributed' by buying and designing the trifold whole he presents.

After a few more minutes I decided to walk home although Liam offered to drive me home. I needed some alone time. To tell you the truth, I've been needing alone time more frequently than anything. I arrived home and looked up to my window, as usual it was open.

I got in, opened the fridge got two ice cream on a stick, two sodas and went upstairs. I placed them on the table and sat on the chair after popping open one of the soda cans. I took a sip and opened the ice cream on a stick. Andrew silently watched me and I didn't care to acknowledge his presence.

I clicked away on my laptop and soon enough the ice scream was gone. I tossed the Popsicle stick in the bin and took the soda.

"Long day?" He finally spoke and I nodded. He walked to the table and took the ice cream, unwrapped it and handed it to me

"That's for you" I said

"I know, and I want you to have it" he handed "come on, you know you want it and ice cream fixes everyone's mood"

"Sure, suit yourself" I took the ice cream. He was right, ice cream does make me feel better and I did want that flavor. Caramel.

He took the soda, popped it open and took a sip while he watched me watch my screen. I was watching a SAT tutor teach geometry and trigonometry, I realized I had some weak points in that area. I took down notes and glanced at Andrew who was sitting on the pink furry mat with his back resting on the dressing table as he read something. I think its some textbook.

Once I was down with that forty minutes course, I looked back at Andrew and found him sitting with the book closed on his lap while his eyes remained closed. I guessed he was sleeping and turned off the computer, took the two empty soda cans, ice cream Popsicle and threw them in the trash. The noise seems to wake him up

"You done?" He asked stretching his legs

"Yeah" I said as I watched him approach the window. His usual spot.

"Were you going to tell me about your English project?" He asked

"Not really, unless you asked"

"Tell me about it?" he requested

"What's there to say? The universe is against me and I was paired with Mason" saying that our loud almost wants to make me cry

"Ouch, tough luck"

"Tell me about it" I rolled my eyes and quickly wiped my eyes before the real tears started to spill

"Amelia. One thing is certain, you will most definitely survive" he smiled warmly "you are the great Amelia. You'll withstand every!" He hailed me with a funny accent that sounded like that of Hermione Granger and I gave a little giggle because of how funny he sounded

"Thanks Andrew" I meant what I said

"Anyway, I'll be off. If you need me, I'm one digital app away" he flashes his phone at me "bye Lia"

That name still annoys me but somehow, I'd rather feel annoyed all the time that feel the feelings of heartbreak and disgust. Heartbreak... That thought makes me what to curl into a ball once more and cry myself to sleep. Disgust... To think I saved myself, saved my first kiss, to a guy that tossed me aside without a second thought.

That's it. Crying never hurts anyone, as a matter of fact it's stress relief.

Drop a vote and comment if you enjoyed the book so far!  It means a lot, Thanksssss.

Love y'all!!