Old-Fashioned, Backstreet, Razor Gang.

En başından başla

"Item number two: an announcement regarding Michael." I start. "Before you go on, Tommy, there's something I'd like to say to the whole family directly, regarding finances and the future of this company. According to your own estimations, this new venture of the delivery and shipment of opium will bring into the company around two million pounds a year. Therefore, due to the amounts involved, I think this company should be restructured." Michael suggests.

"Restructured in what way?" I ask. "Because of the amounts of money involved, shipment and dispatch will become the primary source of income to the company. It's simple mathematics." Gina answers and Aurora lets out a laugh of disbelief. "Are you laughing at me?" Gina asks her. "And if I was? What are you gonna do about it?" Aurora asks, calmly. "Rory." Michael warns standing up. "Michael, sit your ass down before I put you on it." Aurora says making all the men smirk.

"With the help of my wife, I will organise an expansion to America, where the narcotics business is just beginning to grow. I have very hood contact in Detroit, New York and Boston, who I've already spoken to about this. And Gina has family, who are very experienced in this kind of business. According to the conversations I've had with them, with a regular supply of pure opium from China, within a short space of time, the American narcotics business will be bringing in twenty million dollars per annum..."

"...enough money for you all to enjoy an easing of the burden you're feeling now. See, I know that the scars and the wounds, they're on the inside, not the outside. And as a member of the new generation, I am able to take that great burden off your weary shoulders. A new decade is coming. There will be new opportunities, new territories, more money than we've ever had before. Tommy, you can still do the good work that deep down you want to do. Mum, you can get married and live in that big house. Arthur, you can be the man Linda wants you to be. Finn, you've proved yourself, you're apart the new generation. You can come to New York with me." Michael says walking around the pub.

"He ain't going no where with you two, Michael." Aurora says firmly. "And Aurora, you can end whatever deal you have with Mosley." Michael says. "Excuse me? Deal with Mosley? I think you've hit your head, and if you haven't, I'll happily beat it with a fucking brick." Aurora replies, standing up.

"Why were you meeting him at 3am?" Michael questions as he frowns at her. "Spying on me, are we? Because what you saw was me talking to a sick man who was trying it on with a happily married woman. Don't try make out like I'm the one who's done something wrong. That's your job, Michael." Aurora says glaring at him.

"I get why you took her weapons away. Violent, angry." Gina tuts. "You can shut the fuck up, Blondie, you don't get an opinion on me." Aurora tells her as she stares down Michael. "Baby, come on." I say, pulling her away from Michael slightly, keeping my arm around her waist.

"Here is my proposal. A full restructuring of the company. I will be managing director and you can be non-executive chairman. But under an assumed name to protect your reputation. I found the name of a dead man. You will be registered as Mr Jones." Michael says making Aurora snort. "What?" He huffs annoyed.

"Do you know how Mr Jones died?" She asks him. "No, why's that important?" Michael asks her. "Why's that important? Boy, you got some shit to learn." Isaiah chuckles. "Because about fifty people saw me beat him to death. Two of whom are in this room." Aurora answers him.

"You think you scare us?" Gina questions. "I think our girl should." Arthur grunts. "Michael has told me what you're capable of." Gina says. "Michael doesn't know half the shit I'm capable off. Deep down, he's still the kid raised by those posh fucks. Isn't that right, bow-tie?" Aurora says sarcastically.

"Look at it with an open mind Tommy." Michael tells me, holding out a file to me which I don't even look at. "It's cold in here, my love." I say to Aurora who throws it straight into the fire, making half the group laugh. "Tommy, the Americans want to deal with me." Michael tells me. "Item number three." I start. "Tell him the truth. Go on. He can take it." Gina interrupts.