Michael Or Henry?

Tommys POV

"Ror, I need to see you in my office." I tell Aurora and she sighs, following behind me. "What do you need?" She asks as I collect my car keys. "I'm going to see Polly's son. I would like you to come with me." I tell her.

"Why?" She asks, folding her arms, her silk dress tightening around her chest. My eyes drop and she shakes her head. "Well?" She says impatiently. "Because I just need you, baby." I say. "No." She tells me stubbornly as I walk over to her and stop in front of her. "Please, Ror?" I ask softly. "For Polly." I add and she sighs. "Fine. But only for Polly." She tells me making me smirk.

"Let's go." I say and she frowns as I lead her out of my office. "We're going now?" She asks me and I nod, holding her jacket up for her. She slips her arms into it as I shrug it over her shoulders, my hands lingering. She fluffs her hair, turning to face me as I hand her her Peaky cap. "Yes. The sooner the better." I tell her before guiding her out of the betting shop.

I open the passenger side car door for her, and she climbs in, letting me shut it. I climb into the drivers seat, starting the engine before I drive off. "Does Polly know I'm going with you?" She asks me. "No. She doesn't even know we're going." I tell her and she roll hers eyes. "Off course you didn't tell her." She mutters.

******

Auroras POV

Tommy pulls up to the Johnsons estate and I see two boys playing in the distance. The older boy calls for the ball as we climb out of the car and walk up the long driveway. "Come on in, boys. In you go and wash your hands." A woman, who I assume is Mrs Johnson, tells them.

"Mrs Johnson?" Tommy asks. "Yes. Who are you?" Mrs Johnson questions skeptically, eyeing us over. She looks down at my dress and a look of disgust comes in her face as I roll my eyes from under my Peaky cap. "We're here from the Birmingham council." Tommy tells her.

"No one wrote to me. What do you want?" She asks hesitantly. "You should have received our post." I say, lying through my teeth, before I light a cigarette. "I did not." Mrs Johnson says stiffly. "I want to talk about your son. About Henry. May I come in?" Tommy asks her. "No, I would rather you didn't. He doesn't like to talk about this." She informs Tommy.

I turn my head and see her sons watching us. "Oh I see...so what does Henry know about his real identity, Mrs Johnson?" Tommy questions. "I only deal with Mr Ross from the agency." Mrs Johnson tells him nervously. "He only ever writes so why are you here in person?" She asks.

"Well, the boy is reaching his eighteenth birthday." Tommy points out. "This isn't right. You're not from the council, something isn't right." Mrs Johnson says anxiously. I turn and walk off, feeling Tommys eyes on me as I walk over to the two boys. "Hi." I greet softly as the little one smiles at me. "Hi. You're pretty." He tells me and I chuckle. "Thank you, cutie." I say and he blushes.

"Go inside." Henry- no sorry, Michael tells him. "But I don't want to. I want to stay and talk to the pretty lady." He says and Michael pushes him in the direction of the door. "Now." He says firmly and the boy sighs, but does as he's told. "Sorry about him. He's never around many girls." Michael tells me as I blow out smoke.

"Are you?" I ask him, smirking when I see his blush. "No, not really. Mother doesn't let me." He tells me and I nod. "Sounds like she wants to keep you all to herself." I note, taking another drag as he watches. I let the smoke out slowly, watching as he gulps. "Yeah, I think she does." He says.

"See, me and that man back there wanted to talk to you about your birth family." I tell him and he nods. "What do you like to do out here?" I ask him looking around at the countryside. "I play ball with my brother. I play chess..." Michael says slowly. "I thought you wanted to talk about my birth family?" He questions.

The Queen Of Small Heath जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें