London Gangster...Or Is He A Baker?

Začít od začátku

"Fuck you." I say instead. "I see you haven't changed one bit. And if I may, that offer sounds...enticing." He says looking me up and down. "No, it doesn't. I don't date men old enough to be my grandad." I smirk watching his face drop before I storm off.

I walk into an empty ward with only one person in the back corner. I shake my head as I walk over and examine Tommy from head to toe. "You look like shit, baby." I say, sitting in the chair that's placed beside his bed, groaning as I hold my bruised ribs. "Thanks." He groans with his eyes closed.

"What did Campbell want?" I question him. "Irish business. Blackmail. It'll be fine, love." He says, waving me off. "Ror, I need to get to London." He adds. "Not fucking now you can't. Why did Sabini do this?" I ask him firmly. "Annoyed we smashed up his club." He groans before he finally opens his eyes and looks at me. His eyes widen as he sees the bruise under my eye and my busted lip along with my bruised neck.

"Jesus, baby." He says angrily, his fists clenching. "I know, I look great." I say sarcastically and he growls lowly. "Are you okay?" He asks softly and I nod. "Yeah. Why'd do you need to go to London?" I ask changing the subject. "I want to see a baker." He replies. "So you're going to see Alfie Solomons." I say pointedly and he doesn't answer me.

"Tommy, you can't leave this hospital bed. Not until you've healed." I say firmly. "I don't need a fucking lecture. I'm going to London. Here, we're sitting fucking ducks." He says pushing himself up slightly, but then winces as he did. "Why do you have to be so god damn stubborn?" I ask as I sigh, feeling a headache coming on. "So are you coming?" He asks. "I'm not going anywhere and neither are you." I say firmly. "I need to go. And I need you with me. Please, Ror." He groans, starting to move his legs over the side of the bed.

"Oh fucking hell." I mutter, helping him. "If you're not gonna come with me, then I'm going to fucking London by myself." He tells me. "How you gonna do that? Can't even stand by yourself." I say as I watch him push himself up, wobbling slightly. "What did I ever do to end up with a stubborn boyfriend?" I ask my self, taking a deep breath.

"Alright. But you're a fucking idiot." I tell him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder as I help him across the ward. "Charming." He scoffs, getting his coat from the hook as I open the door. "How are we getting to London?" I ask, practically dragging him through the hospital. "Boat. Your uncle Charlie's yard." He grunts, leaning most of his weight into me.

******

We make it halfway to uncle Charlie's yard when Tommy suddenly stops. "Cigarettes, you have some?" He asks me. "Please don't tell me you're asking for a pit stop to get some." I scoff at him. "Not if you have any." He says and I roll my eyes. "Yes, I fucking have some. Now come on." I tell him and we start walking again.

******

A short while later, we arrive at the yard. "Alright, lean against that wall. Don't move." I tell Tommy, removing his arm from my shoulder. "It's sexy when you're bossy." Tommy tells me as I begin to jimmy the lock on the metal gate and after a few tries, I manage to open the lock and open the gate. "Come on." I say, helping him walk again.

"Hey, who's there?" I hear my uncle Charlie speak as we walk over. "It's us, uncle Charlie." I says. "Are you two fucking mad?" He exclaims putting his gun away. "You're meant to be in for another three weeks. Why'd you let him leave?" He asks me. "He wants to go to London." I tell him, blocking out the conversation Tommy was having with Curly who rushes off, doing whatever Tommy ordered.

"We need a boat to London, tonight." Tommy tells Charlie, almost falling forward but I catch him, and he lays his head on my stomach, wrapping his arm around my thighs. "We only have the January. She's heavy, will take four days." Charlie says. "That'll do." Tommy nods. "Curly'll take ya. I'll go fill her up." Charlie informs us. "Got tobacco, Curly?" Tommy asks making me roll my eyes as Curly nods excitedly. "And tea and whiskey."