Chapter 12 - The Big Year

2007 - The big year.

"Yooo geil shirt Gustav!" I drummed my hands on his shoulders. "From where?"

"A fan made it." he replied grinning, sitting forward on the chair, legs spread.

"Oh shit, really?" I asked in disbelief and looked at the shirt again to admire. It was a really cool shirt.

I turned around to look at the TOKIO HOTEL TV camera and tutted to the lens, "See what Gustav gets. And I get used condoms in my fan mail." I rolled my eyes light-heartedly.

Georg shouted over at me from the corner, his hair in a pony, "Yeah that's definitely getting cut out." He beamed as I chuckled.

The camera man directed the camera more on me and motioned for me to do something entertaining. I waltzed closer to the camera.

"So people, you're probably wondering where Bill is!" Big shock, the Maus is in bed, complaining of a secret not so secret hungover. Don't tell him I said that." I threw a big wink and motioned the camera with my fingers.

"Come here then." I smirked and led the camera to a room where Tom stood towering over the food table. "Ach so, what are you making Tom?" I walked closer to analyse.

Tom threw his eyes back at me and the camera and smiled, "Just making a sandwich for myself because you refuse to make one for me."

I guffawed, "And why should I make one for you? Because I'm a girlll?" I teased, resting my hands on the counter behind my back next to Tom so I was still facing the camera smiling.

He nudged me, "Nah, because your sandwiches are actually good." He blinked back at the camera, "You don't know a sandwich until you have what Gustav calls a Kaira Delight." he lectured as he pulled out three slices of bread.

"Three!? Anyway, das ist die Wahrheit, Leute!" I nodded and burst into a giggle.

I shrugged off my black zipper hoodie, revealing my outfit of black cargo jeans with buckles and belts paired with a grey diamante decorated long sleeved top. Rolling my sleeves and washing my hands I grabbed the lettuce for Tom and began to cut it.

The camera man moved closer to us to get a side angle of us at work.

"But anyway," I continued, "Gustav is the cook."

"Yeah and then me and then Kai." added Tom.

"No way!" I protested.

"Georg" Tom bellowed.

"Ja." Georg popped his head past the doorframe and the camera swung to record him.

"Who's the best cook after Gustav?" I inquired with a knowing look on my face as Tom snickered quietly by my side..

"You naturally, but you refuse to cook because you get tired." Georg mocked me with the last word and then popped his head back and disappeared into the room.

"Arsehole." I muttered.

"It's not like your fingers hurt from playing the guitar for hours after a concert." Tom said drily.

"No." I said dryly back matching his humour, "But hey," I grinned at the camera, "Gripping the microphone hard and dancing on stage is hard work okay?"

Tom and I shared a silent glance before laughing loudly at my slightly unintentional dirty joke , holding our stomachs in.

"Ugh what is that noise?"

"Hey Billy," I warmly sang, "Want breakfast?" I pulled out another plate and continued making sandwiches with Tom. My sous chef.

"Notice how Kai said breakfast because my little brother can never get up in the mornings." Tom joked to the TV.