25- Double Trouble

Start from the beginning

"Shh. I know what I am doing."

Shanaya rolled her eyes. Her gut feeling told her that this would not end well. Meher just ignored her warning. She was finally getting comfortable. Cheating was easy!

"What's going on here?" the teacher said in a sharp voice startling both Rudy and Meher. Both of them flinched and then their eyes widened.

They found themselves accompanying the teacher to the principal's office. While Rudy knew what was bound to happen next, Meher was clueless. She was sure that she was in for a long scolding session but that wasn't something she wasn't accustomed to. What feared her more was the teacher's threat about failing both of them in the test. She can't afford to lie about another test, can she?

__________________________________________________________________________

Arjun drove in the campus with a scowl on his face. That was definitely some phenomenal way to spend his day off!

"Ah! Sweet nostalgia Arjun. Kitne saalo baad aaj ek saath complain sunane aa rahe hai yaar!" Mahir said as he they walked towards the office.

Arjun- "Sweet? Like really Mahi?"

Mahir shook his head. In all honesty, if had become a routine for him to come to Rudy's school atleast twice a month. The only difference being that he always had Abhi's company instead of Arjun's.

Mr. Awasthi looked up from her desk to find Arjun and Mahir standing there. She was so done with the brat but she definitely had better expectations from the new girl. She looked decent. However, today she had gotten a first hand experience of how looks could be deceiving. She just hoped that this was not another Rishi in making. 

Mrs. Awasthi- "Take a seat Mr. Raichand and Mr. Malhotra. We are due for a long discussion."

Arjun- "What's wrong, Mrs. Awasthi?"

Mrs. Awasthi- "Well I must say you have quite some variety at your place, Mr. Raichand. Not one of your siblings compels you to visit the school for a repeated offence."

Arjun- "I really value my time, Mrs. Awasthi. So if you could please elaborate without these suggestive pauses, it would be really appreciated."

Meher looked at Arjun wide-eyed. She had never seen this cold and professional side of Arjun before. He was sarcastic at times but never for once acted cold.

Mrs. Awasthi sighed- "Young Mr. Malhotra and Ms. Raichand were caught cheating in their Chemistry tests."

Arjun/Mahir at once- "That's impossible."

Mrs. Awasthi rolled her eyes and gestured with her hands to ask the duo about the matter.

Both Arjun and Mahir directed ferocious glares at their young ones. They both looked down guiltily giving them all the assurance that they were at fault.

Arjun looked at Mrs. Awasthi at once. "We apologise on their behalf, Mrs. Awasthi. Rest assured, this mistake won't be repeated. I'll personally make sure of that."

The underlying threat sent chills down Meher's spine. But what affected her more was Arjun's apology. She felt ashamed about the fact that Arjun had to apologise on her behalf. She felt miserable for disappointing him to such an extent that he wasn't even sparing a glance at her.

Mahir in a monotonous voice- "They would accept any punishment that the school see fits." Rudra had crossed all the lines this time. Cheating was something that he despised with a passion. He would make sure that his little brother too despises the idea of cheating from that day on.

Mrs. Awasthi- "As per the school rules, they would be getting a failing grade in this test and they are suspended for the rest of the day. Mind you, they are being let off the hook this easily because this was the first time. There better not be a next time or else they will be rusticated."