26- A Day With Bhaiya

Super long chapter this time guyz! 4k+ words.

So you guyz better gimme a lot of inline comments or u are not getting the next chapter anytime soon,huh! Oh yes...I am threatening you (even after I myself am scared of my readers)😳

Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________________

Meher stood outside Arjun's study contemplating whether to get in or not. No one was home except the two of them, which meant that there was no one to save her. She sighed and decided to go in. There was no point in trying to delay her fate. 

Arjun- "What's the time?"

Meher frowned and looked at her watch. "11:33"

Arjun without looking up from his laptop- "When did I ask you to come to my study?"

Meher gave him an unbelievable look. "11:30"

Arjun in an icy cold voice- "Will you be able to manage if I say that you have to report to my study at 11:35?"

Meher gulped and nodded. She went out of the study and huffed. She was witnessing this side of Arjun for the first time and she was already hating it. She looked at the clock. It was 11:35. She went in again and Arjun looked at her directly.

"Idhar aa." he called her.

She hesitantly took steps towards him. He reached for the ruler he kept in the desk. Meher's eyes widened and she took back two steps. She had seen him threaten her dadu with the ruler. But she thought that it was just a threat. She was getting a first hand experience of why her brothers despised the idea of Bhaiya's study.

Arjun reached out for her hand and pulled her towards him. "Do.not.step.back." he said sternly.

Meher nodded miserably not able to keep her eyes off the dreaded ruler. Arjun observed that and kept it on the table. At that point, he needed her undivided attention much more than the ruler.

Arjun sternly- "Why did you cheat?"

Meher got tears in her eyes at the question. She was already feeling miserable about her wrongdoings. With Arjun asking such a demeaning question, her inner conscience broke down. A sob escaped her lips.

Meher- "I-I am sorry Bhaiya. I am not a cheater. I-I was just telling the answer to Rudy. I swear I didn't copy down any answer. I am not a cheater, bhaiya."

Arjun heart constricted at her words. He wanted to give her a reassuring hug but he knew that it was his responsibility to make her realise her mistake.

Arjun- "Shh Meher. First of all stop crying and hear me out." He wiped her tears and made her look at him. "You are a child. You are bound to make mistakes. But those mistakes don't define you as a person. You did cheat but you are not a cheater. However, if you keep repeating this mistake then you'll certainly become one. But we'll make sure that you don't."

Meher looked at him with tears flowing down her eyes.

"And what did you say? You were just telling the answers to Rudra? This means that you were helping Rudra cheat. And helping someone in a crime makes you as much as a criminal as that person."

Meher horrified- "Criminal?"

Arjun- "Yes young lady. Cheating is a crime. A moral crime and ofcourse it is not allowed in your school. What did your principal say,hmm?"

Meher-"That she'll rusticate me if this is repeated?"

Arjun sternly - "Exactly.And trust me this punishment would have definitely fit the crime. She let you off the hook easily but I won't.Now tell me what should we do about this?"