" Tell me what you found out." She demands.

"I heard her and her stupid brother talking, he was talking about what their father told Dae to do. He mentioned something about killing us." Roshanne brow furrowed.

" Did you confront them about what you heard?" Alastair shakes his head.

" Good... At least we know that they do plan on getting back on us." She told him pating his shoulder before she returns to her desk

" But just so you know... Lady Dae .. seems like she's not up to it... By the look of it, I think she is being forced." He stated, looking like he sympathize with her, which amuses her, Alastair doesn't sympathize with just anyone, in fact he doesn't care about anyone that isn't her.

"Don't tell me you like her." She teases him, making him scowl.

" I just merely feel pity for a girl like her... She has no one Roshanne, her family is using her... We are going to use her... And after this I'm pretty sure you're going to dispose her." He stated before walking away from her and taking a seat.

" Pity? Why would you pity her? She is... No one to you." She stated again, watching his reaction closely.

"I don't know, maybe it was the fact that the girl... Sees this world very simply. The time I had spent watching her during our travel from Lysos back here, she was... Just a girl, still a kid. If you know what I meant. She spent most of her time hidden in a tower, then when she stepped outside she was tossed in a place unknown to her, she was tossed into doing a duty that she has no idea. She often reminds me of what had happened to my mother." Roshanne's eyes widen, of course. Alastair would feel pity to the girl, her mother was in the same predicament, the only difference is, her mother wasn't locked in the tower, she was locked in a big mansion, and grew up alone, she had no idea of what the outside world looks like, not until the king sees her.

"You feel pity for her because she reminds you of your late mother?" She asked confirming what she had understand from what he was saying, Alastair nod his head.

"I understand. And I don't judge you for it." She sat in front of him and held his hand.

"But if it would make you feel better, I did promise Dae her freedom." He looks him in the eye.

"Something that wasn't granted to your good mother." Alastair nods his head, accepting the term she had offered to the young girl, the two of them fell silence, Roshanne hadn't think of that way, to be honest she just had seen Dae as a means to reach what she wanted, she really doesn't care about what would happen to her in the process, but now that she had seen how her brother cared for her, even if he doesn't admit it, makes her think of her future action, she doesn't want to hurt him, so she will be needing to take care of the woman at some point.

" She was hurt by the way." She raised her brow when he suddenly speak again.

"She was hurt by her brother again, he even threatened her." He added, Roshanne sighed and nod her head, she will have to heal her, she cannot have her father seeing she's wounded or something. She stood up and fixed her dress.

"I will see to it tomorrow, I need rest. Goodnight brother." She leaned down and kissed him on his cheeks before leaving her office.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
DAE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

She woke up the following morning earlier than usual, the sky had turned gloomy once more and she wonders why, yesterday the weather was just fine, she even had a good conversation with the queen that day because of the weather, they had tea under the weeping tree, and she told her of stories about her children. Which are fun to hear.