He likes her? (Ch-17)

Start from the beginning

I smiled a little and said, " Oh, so what are you guys doing in your lives? I mean I know Nidhi is doing interior designing but what about you Aarav?"

" I am doing L.L.M., first year." He replied with a proud smile. The passion for it visible in his eyes.

I turned towards Neil, " And what about you Neil ji? "
"Umm, I work in Rathore Groups. My studies are already completed." He said, his expressions telling that he is shy.

Uff so cute!

I nodded my head with a light smile on my face.

I asked them to come inside, and have a seat but they insisted to be in the garden and sat on the rug on which I was sitting the other day.

Author's Pov:

Sitting in the garden, feeling the sun's warmth in the cold, they were talking about anything and everything.

Though Dakshika wasn't talking much she gave a few nods or syllables from time to time to show that she was indulged in the conversation.

Neil on the other side being an introvert was talking less. After about an hour, Nidhi said," Ok Dakshi, now we will leave. I'll meet you in the evening. Ba-bye." Saying so she hugged her.

Dakshika nodded and Aarav said in a genuine tone, " It was nice meeting you Dakshika. And this time I am saying it genuinely. "

Dakshika smiled at it and Nidhi said, "Okay, let's go now."

But then Neil said, " Uh, you and Aarav go Nidhi, I have something to discuss with Dakshika. "

Both of them looked shocked, but nodded nonetheless. Once inside the palace, Aarav quickly wrapped one arm around Nidhi's shoulder and said, " I feel something fishy here."

Akshar who was drinking water, heard this. While Aarav continued, " Dakshika calling bhai, Neil ji? And him calling her Dakshika, isn't that indicating something? A person like bhai who is so introvert that it takes months for him to open up, says I need to discuss something, in the first meet itself. "

"You know, I think my words became true, I guess bhai has a crush on Dakshika." He said after a 2-second break.

Nidhi removed his hand from her shoulder, and smacked his head, " Stop making dream castles in the air. What you are thinking isn't correct. And even if it is, what's wrong in that. As far as I see, they can make a perfect match."

"Arey! To maine kabhi kaha ki isme kuch galat hai. In fact I will be happy if it's true."
( when did I say, that there's something wrong in it.)

All this was heard by Akshar, and he kept the bottle and moved to his room taking long strides. He banged the door and went to his balcony.

He was feeling restless not liking the idea of Dakshika and Neil. But what he saw in front of him fueled his anger. In the garden of Vyas haveli, Dakshika and Neil were standing. They were smiling and exchanging words now and then.

His hands fisted when he saw, Neil offering a handshake to Dakshika and she accepted it. This was it. He turned and barged into his room.

Sitting on the sofa, his mind kept replaying the scene he just saw. He felt his anger rising. But the next second he stood up and took a deep breath heading towards the bathroom.

The thing that angered him was his dislike for this specific girl. He didn't know her yet but he already disliked her for two reasons. First, the moment he laid his eyes on her she stirred certain emotions in him.

And second, she was the girl for whom he had seen his sister cry, doesn't matter if it was her fault or not.

He stood below the shower and yanked away his white shirt, which was completely sticking to his body.

His abbs, chiseled chest, and broad biceps were at display, showing his hard work in gym. His sharp facial features looked enhanced under the flowing water.

In short he looked no less than a Greek god.

Akshar's Pov:

I am not able to decide, what's happening with me. I am a short tempered person but I can control my anger very well. Then why am I not able to control it today?

And above all, the main question is why am I angry? What's there to get angry if my brother has a potential future with Ms. Skye. I mean she might be a good girl, unlike what I have assumed.

And I am no fool to justify my thinking on the fact that I care for my brother or that girl isn't good and so on.

Neither I know Ms. Skye fully nor my brother is some child who needs to be told what kind of person is in front of him. At least, not Neil.

I am feeling frustrated and irritated. Why? I don't know and that's the reason I am furious.

God! My feelings are fucked up. And that's all because of Ms. Skye.

Dakshika's Pov:

In the garden, when Nidhi and Aarav left I turned towards him. I could see on his face that the talk is nothing like what his cousins are expecting.

And I was proved right the moment words rolled out of his mouth, " I am sorry Dakshika, I know you were here when Aarav was saying all that and you heard it. But there isn't anything like that. And I hope you won't mind me calling you by your name."

He heaved a sigh before continuing, "I mean I may admire you but it's nothing like I crush over you. Hope so you understand. And even if any of my actions, gave the false hint, then I am really sorry."

"You don't need to worry about it. Nidhi is like that only and as much as I got to know Aarav, he is the same. So there is no need of justifying yourself." I said before giving him a soft smile.

He nodded and I continued, "Guess I was right when I thought that you were gonna talk about it."

"Can we be friends Dakshika?", he asked with hope in his eyes.

" Umm, okay." I said a little hesitantly. He saw my hesitancy and smiled softly forwarding his hand towards me. "So, friends?"

I shook hands with him, "Friends."

"I guess our friendship is going to be something that we'll cherish all our lives." He said.

"Yes, hope so." My voice contained no emotions but my mind drifted back to the fact that all the relations that I have ever thought to cherish, were either snatched away from me or destiny snatched the person itself.

So neither I want to hope that this lasts forever, nor I want to break or ruin it.

He held my shoulders and shook me lightly. " Hey what happened, you seem lost" To which I just shook my head, and said "nothing I was just thinking something."

"Oh, okay. So I'll be leaving for now Dakshika. Will meet you soon. " He said with a light smile.

I nodded. He left and I went to my room once I saw him entering the palace premises.

If it goes as planned, it isn't life.