(Rewritten) Chapter 8 | Desperation Shows

---Texas Point Of View---

Spinning as I weaved around the arriving fist, I keep momentum, tripping Kaiser as he continued forwards, and spun around 360 degrees extending and smashing my elbow into the back of his neck stunning, and throwing him further forwards as he stumbles, swaying right, Bayerns Fist passes over my shoulder, grabbing his wrist whilst turning halfway to face him I yank him hard towards me. Other fist reeled, I thunder it forwards into his face, the crackle of thunder fills our ears, the buckle of steel as steel collides, and three rapid shockwaves visually burst out the back of his head as my fist collides, sliding in reverse without control he fights to stay balanced on his feet, Stomping forwards, firing casemates behind me I thunder forwards with flames once more roaring out my funnels and ripping my internal motors apart. I keep the distance closed, Reaching out, grabbing his hair, I pull him down and forwards smashing my knee into his face busting his nose wide open.

Delivering a second kneeing to his face a shockwave bursts out the back of his head representing the weight of a ship on full display. shoving his head back forcing him to stumble back and stand up straight again, I deliver a rapid strike of a left hook, right hook, and a mean upper cut, ending with a swift spin, delivering a kick with the back of my heel across his face sending him sliding back even faster into the distance. Firing off my forward main turret after him loaded with HE, I see Kaiser in the water reflection. Whilst still traveling forwards, I jump last moment, extending one hand down as I back flipped, Kaiser passing beneath me, as I placed a hand down flat over his shoulder and spun off that hand to line up my second forward main with his second center main turret. Our eyes locked into contact as I blew his second center main turret sky high the kick back of my turret acted as a second jump throwing me off him, completing my flip, I land behind Kaiser, witnessing his second center turret explode, and shoot flames out it's barrels. Upon landing something inside my ship's ripping apart engines flies out of the smoke stacks.

Pieces of my boilers fly out and roar out into the distance, the experience shoots pain up my rigging and my rear funnel completely goes dead, no more flames, no more black smoke to indicate engine activity, just escaping white smoke indicating a catastrophic failure of boilers, and the steam escaping as a result. My forward funnels sputtering, moments in-between the flames and black smoke show white mist and steam escaping. It's not long until I'll be dead in the water with out propulsion, I can't keep pushing these motors to redline like this... But I can't afford to let up and give them rest either. Damn! If I was just a bit younger! These motors would be able to handle this extra load no problem...

I-I've gotta wrap this up. Mid thought a torpedo smashes into my bow; sending shrapnel up my legs, blowing gashes through my caffs and ankles! I'd not noticed Kaiser's launching of his rearward underwater torpedo tube. The sounds of struggling creaking steel fills my ears, as I begin to list near a dangerous 25 degree of no return to one side. Combined with my earlier ability activation, magazine flooding for casemates and main center turret... now this. The fireball from the Explosion of the torpedo, followed with the wall of water that followed blinded me. "Derfflinger!!! NOW!" Kaiser shouted as the water began to fall, and puts out the fire ball. Arms from behind me race up beneath, putting me into a full nelson hold! The water falls, and my head turns, eyes dart onto Derfflinger, no rigging, yet still kicking, still floating, still fighting-

---Meanwhile---

---New Jersey Point Of View---

-Crashing shoulder first, it catching in the water and flipping me violently across the air as I bounced off it. I fight for control over myself before I could collide with the water again. Managing to rotate and manipulate myself via firing my anti-aircraft batteries accordingly. Landing in a spinning partial crouch. Receiving the sight of Amagi's and Lutzow's shells passing over the rapidly closing in Seydlitz and Scharnhorst. My eyes dart around swiftly left and right. Tracking down Yamato into sight, distant at a heading of 182, not yet bearing directly down onto me. He's been incredibly cautious about getting close to me. No doubt scared of having a repeated embarrassment event like with my little brother. My eyes burning into his and his into mine as for the brief moment we make contact. As quick as it came it ends. I take caution and pay attention to the pressing threats ahead. Beginning to back peddle, I begin jumping, and sliding out of falling shells paths.