1.Tale of arrangement

"You had me at hello." - JERRY MAGUIRE, 1996

One, wherein Jihoon and Hyunsuk are tied in an arranged marriage.

Fate's Tapestry

Seoul, a city where the pulse of tradition resonated alongside the beat of modernity, became the canvas upon which Jihoon and Hyunsuk's unexpected love story unfolded.

Jihoon, tall with sculpted features, and Hyunsuk, shorter yet exquisitely pretty, found themselves linked by an arranged marriage-an age-old tradition that seemed incongruent with their individuality. The decision to unite their lives had been made by their families, and the two were set to meet on a cool autumn day.

Jihoon's nerves were palpable as he entered the elegant cafe where they were to meet. His eyes searched for a face he only knew through a photograph. Hyunsuk, a year his senior, sat at a corner table, a book in hand. As Jihoon approached, Hyunsuk looked up, his warm smile melting Jihoon's tension.

"Jihoon, right?" Hyunsuk said, standing up to greet him. "I'm Hyunsuk. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Jihoon returned the smile, feeling an unexpected sense of comfort. "Likewise, Hyunsuk. Please, have a seat."

As they settled into conversation, Jihoon discovered that Hyunsuk's grace and charm were more than skin deep. They spoke of dreams, aspirations, and even shared a few laughs. The cafe's ambient hum seemed to fade away, leaving only the gentle cadence of their voices.

Days turned into weeks, and the initial formality of their meetings gave way to a genuine connection. Hyunsuk's laughter became Jihoon's favorite melody, and Jihoon's unwavering strength was a source of inspiration for Hyunsuk.

One evening, as they walked through a park ablaze with cherry blossoms, Jihoon found himself drawn to Hyunsuk in a way he hadn't anticipated. The delicate petals fell around them like confetti, creating a surreal backdrop for what would become a pivotal moment.

"Hyunsuk," Jihoon began hesitantly, "there's something I need to tell you."

Hyunsuk's eyes held a curious glint as he encouraged Jihoon to continue.

"I... I never expected this, but being with you has become something I look forward to every day. It's more than just the arrangement; it's something real. Something I can't ignore."

Hyunsuk's gaze softened, and he reached out to gently touch Jihoon's arm. "Jihoon, you're not alone in feeling that way. I've been grappling with the same emotions."

The admission hung in the air like the fragrance of the cherry blossoms, a revelation that would alter the course of their relationship.

As spring turned into summer, Jihoon and Hyunsuk navigated the uncharted territory of their evolving connection. Late-night conversations became confessions of dreams and fears, and stolen glances spoke volumes where words fell short.

It wasn't long before Jihoon found himself falling for the shorter, prettier man who had entered his life through the intricate dance of arranged matrimony. They shared their first kiss under a summer moon, a moment that sealed the unspoken bond that had grown between them.

However, as the seasons changed, so did the challenges they faced. The weight of societal expectations pressed upon them, threatening to unravel the delicate threads of their love. Jihoon and Hyunsuk, aware of the complexities, chose to confront their families together.

In a tense yet cathartic meeting, they laid bare the authenticity of their emotions. Jihoon's determination and Hyunsuk's sincerity gradually softened the hearts of their families. Slowly, the rigid expectations began to give way to a more profound understanding of the love that had blossomed against all odds.