Thirty-Three

I lay on the bed, unable to stops myself from crying. I see him start to unbuckle his belt and he yells at me again.

"I said, stop crying!"

I feel scared like I did with Daniel, but it's different this time. I could see Daniel spiraling and starting to lose himself. But with this stranger, I just see hatred and violence.

I hear the elevator open and hear, "Hey! Get off of her!"

I see Coriolanus run into the room and he tackles the man, shoving him into the wall.

"That's enough, Mr. Snow."

I look over to my right and see Dr. Gaul standing there.

Coriolanus and the man stop fighting and Coriolanus says, "what the hell is going on here?"

"Mr. Snow, Ashe and I had an agreement and this was the deal."

He looks over at me in shock and I feel horrible. I feel the dry tears on my face and the sadness I feel is copious.

He looks back over at Dr. Gaul. "For you to let people rape her?"

"Mr. Sullivan, if you could leave. I will send you three times what you paid me tonight."

The stranger leaves and it's just us three alone.

"I don't understand. How could you let this happen?" Coriolanus asks, Dr. Gaul.

"I had to find a way to make up for the profit we would have lost. I told her that if she wanted to be with you, this is what she would have to do."

Coriolanus looks back over to me. "Is that why you left the party after the tour?"

I look down, unable to make eye contact, ashamed. I can't get the words out. But that's enough for him to know the truth.

I see Coriolanus start to spiral. I see all of the different emotions he's feeling; sadness, hopelessness, rage...

"What can I do?" Coriolanus asks.

"Well for starters, you need to pledge yourself to me and study under my wing like we had planned, Mr. Snow."

Coriolanus walks over to her and falls onto his knees. "I pledge myself to you, master. Whatever you request of me."

"No." I cry. "Please, don't hurt him."

I see her chuckle, amused with herself. Evil.

"Mr. Snow, you will study under my wing and will become my new prize possession. But first, you will need to be taught a lesson, so that way you will never disobey me. I will send you out to the districts to become a grunt peacemaker for some time. In exchange, no harm will come to your, Ashe. She will be safe and no one will touch her."

"As you wish." Coriolanus says, sounding like a zombie, losing himself.

"I will inform them of your arrival. Pack a few things, then you know who to see." Dr. Gaul says.

Coriolanus and I lock eyes, both deeply sadden. Everything he does is to keep me safe and it seems like everything I do hurts him. He gets up and walks over to the elevator. He steps in and turns around, facing me. We continue to stare into each other's eyes until the doors slide shut.

I hear Dr. Gaul laugh some more and it only angers me.

"How are you able to afford to pay that man back three times the amount he offered?" I asked.

"Oh hunny, the capitol is made out of money. We don't need money. What I did need was Mr. Snow, such a promising young man. I will need someone to take over for me someday, I won't live forever."

"You're a monster!" I cry out.

"And your Mr. Snow, is on his way." She laughs.