25.

-
[Chad's pov.]

"Chad, what the fuck!?" I look over at Wes as Nick had disappeared around the corner.

"Why would you say that to him? You practically victim blamed him!" Wes angrily said, shaking his head

God. It's true, I did victim blame Nick, and he didn't deserve that. It wasn't Nick's fault.

I was just angry and upset. Nick just doesn't understand that people could hurt him.

"Look, I get it. You want to protect him, I want to protect him too, but you can't say shit like that to him. You know, Nick, Chad." Wes spoke

"He will keep it all inside. He would act like it's fine. He would say that he deserved what you said to him, but he doesn't,"

He's right. I'm such an asshole. I was the one who hurt Nick this time.

"He didn't deserve it. All he wanted was some fresh air."

"I know, Wes, okay? I'm such an asshole, I know that, and I feel like shit for what I said to him, but Nick doesn't understand that people can hurt him, and I just want to protect him." I said

"I get that, Chad. I do. I want to protect him as much as you do, but Nick, he's different from us," Wes said

"Not in a bad way but in a good way. Nick's just built differently, and yeah, sometimes it's a little frustrating that he trusts people so easily and just sees the good in person and not the bad." He rambled

That's true. Ever since we were kids, Nick would just trust everyone even after his parents said that he couldn't do that.

Wes and I were always by his side, making sure he was safe, but he didn't really need us because of Jack.

Jack was always there. Jack protected Nick more than we could ever do.

"You know, I overheard my mom talking a few days ago. Ghostface threatened you," I looked at Wes, confused

"What?"

"Nick almost killed himself for you." Wes told him, and those words made me sick to my stomach.

Why didn't Nick say anything? Why would Nick do that? I didn't want Nick to die for me. It's supposed to be the other way around.

"Shit." I cursed

I seriously need to apologize to Nick.

- -
[Nick's pov.]

I slightly shivered before I arrived home. It was getting Colder outside. I paused when I saw Papa's truck in the driveway.

A smile instantly appeared in my face, and the fact that I was cold was completely forgotten.

Papa was home,and that's all that mattered. I rushed inside , I could hear mom and dad in the kitchen, and the smell of food made my stomach rumble.

"Papa!" I called out rushing into the kitchen.

"What's wrong?" Papa questioned, and I rushed over, wrapping my arms around his waist and hugging him,

Papa instantly hugged me back, pressing a kiss to my head. "I missed you." I mumbled into his chest, and he chuckled.

"Missed you too. Where were you?" He questioned, running his fingers through my hair.

"I was just out with Wes and Chad. Are you staying for a while? Or are you just gonna have dinner and go back to the station?" I questioned

The selfish part of me wanted him to stay, but I knew he had to get back to work.

People needed him more than I needed him.

"I'm staying tonight, Nick. I'm sorry I haven't been home in a while." He held me even tighter, but I wasn't complaining.

"That's good, really missed you."

- -
[Billy's pov.]

I felt bad for not being home for my kids, especially Nick.

"Why don't you two go and relax in the living room?" Stu suggested, and I looked at him. He was smiling at us with a fond look on his face.

"Yeah, come on, Nick." Nick shook his head against my chest ,"Don't wanna let you go."

"Okay, then I'll just carry you." I said and picked him with ease. He just tightened his arms around me.

I could hear Reese and stu giggling in the kitchen, and I fondly rolled my eyes at them.

We made it to the couch, and I sat down, and Nick just cuddled up to me.

"Nick, you okay?" I questioned, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV.

"Yeah, I just missed you, that's all, Papa. I love you." He replied, and I smiled ,"I love you too, kid."

I just put a cartoon show for Nick. My eyes were heavy, and all I wanted to do was sleep, but it kinda looks like Nick beat me to it.

I smiled a little before pressing a small kiss to his head before closing my eyes.

- -
[Reese pov.]

It was half an hour later that I went to check on Billy and Nick. All we heard were the cartoon show on the TV.

I walked into the living room, and my heart instantly melted at the sight that greeted me.

I grinned to myself as I took out my phone and took a few photos.

I didn't want to wake them up, but the food was almost ready, and they needed to eat.

I slightly shook Billy, and he was instantly awake. "What's wrong?" He questioned

"Nothing, foods almost ready." I replied with a soft smile.

Billy sighed, rubbing his eyes before looking down at Nick. "Do we have to wake him up?"

"Yes, he can't skip out on dinner." I said, and Billy nodded. "Okay, we'll be out in the dining room soon."

I nodded ,"Okay, you two are so adorable." I said, looking down at my phone.

"Wait, you took pictures?" Billy questioned, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Yep." I turned my phone towards him, and his eyes softened, "Send me the pictures."

I giggled, "Okay, Mr. I don't like pictures."

----------------------------

Word count - 984

Hope you enjoy !