-
[Nick's pov.]

After spending the whole day at the hospital. I was finally diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.

I need to take medication for it, but I wasn't really paying much attention since I was falling asleep.

I was leaning my head on my dad's shoulder since we were in the back of Papa's truck.

My eyes were slowly closing, but I tried to keep myself awake since we were almost home.

"Hey, you can sleep if you want." My dad whispered, and I shook my head. "We're almost home."

"You're falling asleep, kiddo. Just sleep." Papa said, and my eyes felt really heavy.

Maybe I could just close them for a little bit.
-  -
[Billy's pov.]

"He's asleep." Stu said, and I looked through the review mirror. Nick was asleep leaning his head on stu's shoulder.

"He's gonna be okay." Reese said, and I looked at her. "I know."

"Uh-huh, you have worry written all over your face. You suck at hiding it." She said

I sighed ,"I just can't help but worry, you know? Nick.. he's just different." I said

"He doesn't let anyone worry about him," Stu said, "and he doesn't say anything about what he's feeling."

I sighed as I parked my truck in the driveway.

I just couldn't stop worrying about Nick. I worry about all my kids, but Nick.. he was just different from all of them.

Nick is the type of person to just bottle up all his feelings so he wouldn't hurt anyone else's feelings.

"Are we home?" Nick yawned, "Yeah, kiddo. We're home." I said

He rubbed his eyes, "I'm gonna head inside."
- -
[Nick's pov.]

"Oh, thank God you're not dead!" Jack said as my parents and I walked into the house.

"We were debating which one of us would get your room if you were, you know, dead." Blake said

"Which would be me, by the way." Jack said, and blake scoffed, "As if! Nick likes me more."

"No, he likes me more." I sighed, crouching down and petting the pet cat.

Dad used to have more pets, but some of them got sick, and they passed away. Others died of old age.

Papa got this one for him cause he was sad, but Garfield, we called him Garfield cause he looks like Garfield. He made dad happy.

"If anyone getting my room is Garfield. I love him more." I said, picking him up and standing up.

"How'd it go?" Tara questioned, coming down the stairs with her friends following.

"I only have two days to live, yay!" They all just stared at me.

"Kidding, I have diabetes." I said, petting Garfield

"What? This is what you get for eating too much junk food." Tara said,

"Actually, it wasn't the junk food. It runs in the family." I replied

"So, you feeling okay?" Chad questioned, and I nodded

"Yeah."

"Hey, let's get this medication situation figured out in the kitchen." Papa said, sending Chad a look that I couldn't figure out, but Chad tensed , hiding behind Mindy, who laughed at him.

"Does this medication situation involve a needle?" Blake questioned with a grin

"Yeah? Does it?" Jack asked , wearing a matching grin. 

"Yes, it does, but you two are not touching that needle at all, and neither of you are poking your brother with it." Mom said

"Aw! Why not!? It'll be fun!" Jack said,

"Yeah, it'll be very painful." I said, "Come on, let's get you something to eat." My dad said, guiding me into the kitchen.

"I'm not really hungry." I said, 'You haven't eaten in all day besides the breakfast you had this morning and the cookies the nurse gave you." Mom said

"Hey, um, nick," I glanced over, seeing chad looking nervous, especially with the way mom and Papa were looking at him.

"Um, I heard that you're like really good at math. I was wondering if you could tutor me?" Chad questioned

Why was he asking me?

"Yeah, sure, but I don't give out stickers. Those are mine, and I don't share." I said, and he chuckled

"Got it. Thanks, Nick." He said before leaving the kitchen.

"I made you a sandwich. It's light," my dad said, placing the plate in front of me.

"Thanks, dad."
------------------------------
Word count - 714

Hope you enjoy!