Backstory

Imagine if you started watching the news on your iphone or television.

IMF Managing Director {view from EC1}:
"I have regret to inform you the global economy has collapsed. The rising inflation, COVID-19, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Israel-Palestine conflict, and the Myanmar civil war have caused nations to lose billions worth of dollars needed to sustain their economies..."

[2026]
  EC1 (European Channel 1) anchor:
"The United Nations has issued a statement for all world leaders to meet at the General Assembly in hopes of ending dire straits.... *fast forward* The World Bank has warned that financial crisis is rising exponentially as proven by the latest study..."

*fast forward*
24 Today reporter:
"Today, the Progressive Vision Front's Devika Singh vowed she will make India more prosperous and powerful than ever in our history after being appointed as prime minister..."

[2027]
WBS (Washington Broadcasting System) anchor:
"The United States, China, Japan, and South Korea have announced their isolation after the costly Sino-Taiwanese War.  The President's decision to have the U.S. leave the world stage was met with backlash from both Republicans and Democrats...."

[2029]
  Fuji World anchor:
"With the Chinese military devastated from the Sino-Taiwanese War, India invaded and occupied Pakistan to create the Imperial Hindustan Confederation..."

*switch to the Indian President*
President Radha Roy (making a public announcement to the Indian people) {view from Bharat Today}:
"I am proud to say that the Pakistanis have been defeated and have agreed to be part of a greater India.."

[2030]
   24 Today anchor:
  "Our revered Prime Minister Devika Singh have reformed the government to strengthen our country to greatness..."

*fast forward*
  ACN (Australian Corporate News) reporter:
  "Hindustan troops and tanks have invaded China under the pretext of a peacekeeping operation against China's regime..."

*fast forward*
  Bharat Times reporter:
  "The Remaining Pro-CPC rebels have surrendered to our noble forces.
They have realized China needs to be cleanse from her corrupt politicians and armed forces..."

   [2032]
  WBS reporter:
  "...the national debt continues to rise within almost every North American country..."

*fast forward*
  FBC News anchor:
"Imperial Hindustan Confederation overnight had launched an invasion of the ASEAN countries!  Secretary-General En Haji declared war in response to the assault..."

[2034]
FBC anchor:
"Secretary-general of ASEAN and the president of the IHC signed the East Asia Peace Treaty to formally ending the Indian Subcontinent conflict, but ASEAN has been criticized abandoning three of its member states..."

*fast forward*
Intercontinental News reporter:
"The NATO has agreed to kick Canada out of the alliance in order to avoid conflict with the Imperial Hindustan confederation..."

*fast forward*
CCV reporter:
"Rioters are trying to storm the Parliament Buildings to demonstrate against the prime minister's progressive agenda and policies.
President Radha Roy of the Confederation has expressed support for the rioters and repeated his demand for Canada to stop "being the main sanctuary for Sikh terrorists"..."

*fast forward*
Prime Minister Wilson (speaking on a press conference) {view from WBS}:
"Every Canadian citizen has a right to worship freely..."

*fast forward*
Intercontinental News anchor:
"Prime Minister Charlotte Wilson has made clear she supposed that Canada and the Hindustan Confederation will cooperate to ensure a peaceful solution. In the meantime, the IPC had deployed its forces to Russia for a joint military exercise..."

.......

IHC commander:
"Is it ready?"

IHC hacker:
"Yes sir, we are ready to launch it."

.......

[2035]
EC1 anchor:
"We are receiving reports that an unidentified military force is capturing Canadian bases with special forces after a mysterious nationwide blackout crippled her military... (Twenty minutes later)...NORAD have confirmed the invading forces were ,in fact, IHC troops.  Canada's minister of defense, Benjamin White, said the Confederation have broken the truce and Canada must enact a counteroffensive.... (Three hours later).... U.S. intelligence suggests that the Imperial Hindustan Confederation Armed Forces has used "overwhelming numbers of various methods" to weaken the entire Canadian military."
Then sometime later...
"IPC troops, tanks, trucks, and helicopters are reportedly seen near Victoria; they are expected to encounter barely any resistance from what is defending the city."

fast forward*
  FBC News reporter:
"Confederation forces continued to move through the provinces of Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and British Columbia..."

*fast forward*
FBC News anchor:
"Canadian prime minister, Charlotte Wilson, has announced martial law and declared that all able man and women aged 18-45 to stay and defend the country..."

[2037]
Bharat Times anchor:
"President Radha Roy congratulates our soldiers for their victory and bravery in this war to stop terrorist groups harbored by Prime Minister Wilson and the Cabinet of Canada..."

-The occupation has begun-

*What I based (sometimes loosely) my fictional news media on*

EC1: loosely based on euronews.
24 Today: reference to News 24 and India Today.
WBS: loosely based on CBS News and the Washington Post.
FBC: based on NBC News.
Fuji World: based on NHK World-Japan.
ACN: parody of ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Company), not to be confused with the other ABC News (American Broadcasting Company).
Bharat Times: parody of Hindustan Times.
CCV: based on CTV News.
Intercontinental News: based on Global News.