⇢ ˗ˏˋ Confrontation ࿐ྂ

Start from the beginning

He sighed, sounding defeated. After the better half of a minute, he replied, "I didn't put my name in there."

There was another silence, i was very lost, "Well then, if you didn't put your name in there... who did?"

"That's the thing. I don't know," he said, still not having looked me in the eye since my arrival.

I was now proper confused but didn't want to overstep my boundaries and ask for some sort of an elaboration, so I dropped it.

I turned to look out at the lake. I hadn't realised it, but Harry had taken notice of the 'S.P.E.W' pin on my bag. I also had a 'Support Cedric Diggory,' badge pinned on it.

What felt like the entire school had been wearing one just to spite Harry, but I had just been wearing it to support my brother.

"So uh..." I rocked back and forth on my heels, "you and Ron?"

Harry cleared his throat and replied, "...Yeah. long story."

"Always is with that one, isn't it?" i commented, getting a weak laugh in return.

"Suppose so."

Another silence, of course, followed. I looked back at him sitting and break the silence by enquiring, "So... what are you gonna do about the tournament?"

He took a deep breath and analysed the ground for another stone, finding one.

"What can i do? Once your name comes out the Goblet you can't back out... but I didn't even bloody well put it in there," he repeated, throwing the stone at the lake in frustration. It had skipped quite far actually. "But of course," he added in a mumble, "nobody believes me."

Another, you guessed it, silence washed over the conversation. This one had been significantly longer than the previous ones.

"...I believe you." I said in a soft tone. Harry looked up into my eyes after I said this. I smiled weakly.

Harry had opened up to me during our time dating, we had been very vulnerable with each other at times.

Well... it kinda depends on what you would call 'very vulnerable'. I could probably count on one hand how many times the boy had let his walls down.

Although it really didn't take a genius to figure out that he wasn't doing too great right now.

But, it was no longer my place.

"Just know Harry..." I said softly, "that i'm always gonna be here for you. Even when you don't want me to be,"

His gaze softened and he gave me a weak smile.

"Thanks, Y/n... I appreciate —"

"I found it, Harry! Check it out!" Neville, again obliviously, shouted from the water. Harry gave a faked celebratory smile and Neville beamed back, before returning his attention to the water.

"Well uh... I'll see you around...?" I said as I turned to walk away. "Oh and good luck with the first task."

Whatever it may be.

I walked off with the crisp November air hitting my face and the leaves still crunching underneath each of my footsteps.

                                     •••••••

"SHE SAID YES!" Cedric exclaimed excitedly as he picked me up and spun me around in a hug. He had the biggest smile I'd ever seen plastered on his face.

"Can you believe it!? I'M Cho Chang's boyfriend! Me!" Cedric was practically bouncing off the walls of my dorm. He had been paying me a visit to let me know how things had gone.