fourteen : inferior.

note : short chapter, i'm so sorry. school has been eating my ass.

-

today was finally a day off for juyeon. and he wanted nothing else but to spend it with his lover. juyeon watched as hyunjae was skipping through the streets, all smiley. it wasn't rare to see hyunjae all excited, but juyeon's heart still skipped a beat everytime he did. he was in love, afterall.

it was juyeon's third try on the claw machine, he was just about to drop the stuffed toy through the opening but his hands lost control as his head turned around, to look at hyunjae hugging a young man. which made juyeon confused and pretty uneasy. " hey, youngha! it's been ages. " hyunjae greets, hugging the male. " yeah, it sure is. " the other replies, smiling. " how's younghoon doing? " at this point, juyeon joins in, silently. " oh, he's doing fine! " the boy, who juyeon assumed his mame was youngha, smiled. " damn, he was quite the scholar. wasn't he? " with this question, juyeon could tell that hyunjae and yongha were friends from school. hyunjae smiles. " he still is. he's got multiple awards, he's doing amazing for himself, all our professors love him, he's really popular too! " juyeon noticed how hyunjae's eyes blinged up when talking about his best friend.

did it not do the same for him?

he didn't wanna think about it.

" uh, sir? you've been glaring at me for a while now, everything good? " yongha asks, this time to juyeon, who seemed to have been piercing arrows in the form of glares without realizing. " i'm sorry, i zoned out for a bit. " juyeon replies, after a pause. " what's your relationship with hyunjae? " juyeon didn't answer. he wanted hyunjae to answer.

but hyunjae didn't either.

" he's an acquaintance. " hyunjae's voice echoed through his mind.

and that's when juyeon knew, this wasn't going to work.