10 ~

"When you walk away I count the steps that you take, do you see how much I need you right now?"

Harry's POV

"Wh-What..?" I stammered, trying to wrap my head around what she had just said "What do you mean you're going home?"

"I mean I'm going home. I don't need this bullshit in my life." Her eyes were cold and hostile.

"Why? No, please don't. Please, don't do this." I was seconds away from getting down on my knees and begging her.

"Stop it. Just let me go." She spat, clenching her jaw. I was speechless. I stared at her with my mouth agape. What the fuck was happening? I'd only known her for a couple of months, and yet she was so important to me. I couldn't handle this. Maybe if I told her, she'd stay.. I watched out of the corner of my eye as a taxi pulled up to the curb.

"Iz, please.. I like you. I don't know if it's romantically or not but I need you in my life. No, no I know it's romantically. Please, please stay."

"Don't do this to me.." she whispered, her eyes still cold but with a tinge of sadness in them, "I, I have to leave." She pushed past me and made her way down to the taxi, piling her suitcases into the boot.

"Please reconsider. I know I fucked up but I'll ch-.."

"THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU!" she screamed, turning to face me, "It's about this fucked up fantasy life I thought I was going to live while I was here, that just ended up being a fucking joke." She was crying, I couldn't stand seeing her cry. I took a few steps towards her and she held up her hand;

"Don't. I don't want anything to do with you or your fucked up world.. Bye Harry" and with that she got into the taxi and drove away. I stared as it vanished off into the distance, turning and kicking the front door of her apartment. It left a hole and I quickly checked to make sure no one was around. I didn't need to be on the front page of the newspaper for being a fucking psycho. I ran my fingers through my hair, taking a deep breath in and trying to calm myself down. It wasn't that people left me, it was that I drove them away.. How could I be so fucking stupid? I went and got into my car. I sat there for nearly half an hour, my head on the steering wheel wondering what the fuck I should do now. A thought came to mind. I started my engine and headed for the freeway..

Just over three hours later I arrived in a town I knew all too well. The old stone buildings, the rich green fields. I was home. We didn't have to start the next part of the tour for three weeks, and I needed to clear my mind. This was the only place I could go where I actually felt normal. I hadn't been back in so long.. Memories of my childhood came rushing back to me as I drove past all the places I'd grown up exploring. I made my way down the streets, streets I knew like the back of my hand, before I pulled up outside my family home. I parked the car and headed up the stone driveway. I rang the doorbell,

"Just a second!" I heard my mum call from inside, followed by feet scuffing across floorboards. She threw the door open, her eyes bursting open at he site of me. Before pulling me into a giant bear hug. I don't know how she knew, but she started patting my hair and telling me everything was gonna be okay.. and that's when I broke down again. I soaked the shoulder of her shirt in tears, cuddling into her neck. I felt like such a fucking baby, but I couldn't help it. I lifted my head to see Gemma standing at the staircase, worry filling her eyes before she came and joined our hug. We stayed like that for a few minutes before I pulled away. Mum lead me to the kitchen and we sat down. My family has always been close, much closer than the families of all my friends whilst growing up. It wasn't long before I was spilling everything to them. They listened as I spoke, letting me get out everything I needed to.

"I just can't believe I fucked up so badly.." I finished, dropping my head into my hands. I watched through my fingers as my mum and Gemma shared a look.

"What..?" I asked cautiously, raising my head to look at them.

"We're not gonna tell you that you didn't fuck up, because you did. We don't know this girl from a bar of soap, but if you're so hung up on her than you have to do something because you can't let it fuck up your friendships and ruin your career." Gemma said as she placed her hand in mine, "And if she doesn't want to be with you then she's obviously a stupid bitch." She smirked at me and I heard my mum scoff sarcastically. I smiled at her and gave her hand a squeeze.

My eyes were raw from crying and all I wanted was to sleep, so that's exactly what I did. I made my way up to my old room and collapsed on the bed.

'She'd be on the plane' I thought to myself as I lay my head down on the pillow, falling asleep pretty much the second I closed my eyes.