The rest of day was painfully slow and I just had to keep going with whatever plan I had. At this point, I don't even know my plan. I feel lost. When the bell ring for break, I packed my things and walked with Oliver to the locker where we both kept our belongings and headed to the cafeteria.

As we walked closer and closer to our usual table, my heart sunk to the pot of my stomach. should I just go back? No, I need to brave out the storm. Oliver and I got our trays and proceeded to the table.

Leather jacket. It was Mason, his back faced us as we walked. Deep tones resonated. His voice sounded deeper than usual or is it because his voice had been so scarce to me? Oliver seemed to drag attention to us by saying something I didn't care to listen because they all turned to look back at up.

Mason's eyes seemed to narrow in on me and for a moment I thought my eyes saw an expression. Longing? Or was it just the trick of the light? The moment was gone faster than I could say Jack Robinson. His cold façade was back, thicker than ever.

"Oliver, Amelia!" Jack yelled as he got on his feet to fist bump us and give Oliver and heavy pat to the back

We all exchanged greetings and sat back down. All Mason did was pat Oliver and regarded me with a slight nod. The tension was tight and everyone could feel it.

Patricia's POV

"Omg, I can't believe you and Mason are back together" one of my minion said as scripted

"Shhh" I looked around to make sure some of the gossip girls heard me "you know I and Mason being together is a secret! We're trying to keep it on the low"

"Oops" minion two laughed

Now it's laid. Soon, the whole school will start spreading with this rumor. All I have to do is deny every saying that and I'll be fine. Where's Mason? I gotta go find him and show him off to you know who.

I walked down the halls as minion one and two followed behind, I saw Andrew by the halls and decided to stop by and say hi

"Heyyyy" I ghosted my fingers on his chest and winked at him

"Do I know you?" He asked

"Oh we're doing that? Gotcha" I patted his cheeks and walked away

I stormed in the cafeteria and my blood started boiling. Why is Amelia still with the boys? Isn't she supposed to be dropped now that Mason doesn't like her anymore? She'll ruin my plans if she tries anything funny, Andrew will have to do something about her

"Mason!" I gave him a hug and regarded the boys "hey boys" I smiled but they seemed uninterested, fine be like that "Amelia"

"Patricia" she looked me back, the audacity

"Well..." I gave a disgusted look "welcome back to school, I'm sure this is your roman empire"

"Yes, school is my roman empire. What's yours?" She didn't even look at me, she was munching on an orange

"Mason" I said with a wicked smile and she looked up at me, that must have hurt her "anyway, Mason, let's go, I have something for you" i pulled him up and he almost seemed he wanted to protest. That would look so bad so I whispered "it's about something Andrew is planning"

With that, he got on his feet, said farewell and headed towards the exit with long strides while I basically ran after him with my heeled shoes.

"What the f*ck is a Roman empire anyways?" He asked

"Ohhhh nothing, it's this trendy word on TikTok" I ran "walk slowly, it's hard running in Channel!"

"What does it mean?" He asked

"Just something a person thinks about regularly" I said and his jaw clenched "and yes Mason, you're my Roman empire"

He halted "tell me, what about Andrew?" He ignored my confession

"Well" I had to make something up, I only said that to make Amelia jealous that he's willing to come with me "Andrew said he wants to make Amelia his girlfriend"

"Why do I care?"

"Because, if Amelia starts dating Andrew, it would look like she dumped you" yes, this lie seems to be getting well into my favor "Mason, I know you're angry and mad at her for doing this to you, but you're also harboring feeling for her. Be the first to move on, I Really love you Mason and I'm willing to be your getaway car"

"My getaway car?"

"Yes. Date me before she does" I blurted "give me one last chance even if it means using me to be your getaway car"

I'm too good, I should consider acting if Daddy let's me because I'm killing it! He seems to entertain that idea, he is silent. A storm must be brewing in his head and he's in a tough spot. His lips looked like they wanted to speak. Yes, just say yes!

Thanks for sticking around 💕💕