Chapter 4- Carlos/Emmaline

Carlos asks Emmaline if the two of them can talk for a moment. Emmaline answers of course, where do you want to go to talk. Carlos asks if Emmaline would like to walk outside with him. Emmaline answers that she has to tell Nyck so that he knows where she is. Emmaline walks to Nyck and says that Carlos wants to talk to her privately. Nyck asks if he should walk along, Emmaline answers that he doesn't have to, but if it takes too long you at least know where I am. Emmaline walks back to Carlos. Carlos and Emmaline walk outside so they can talk. Carlos asks Emmaline why she couldn't keep her eyes off him tonight. Emmaline answers Carlos why he couldn't take his eyes off her.

Carlos replies to Emmaline because you look pretty good and I want to get to know you better, but it seems like you don't feel the same way about me. Emmaline replies to Carlos I feel the same about you but I'm afraid of getting hurt. The reason I'm afraid of getting hurt has to do with having been through too much. Carlos answers but you don't have to be afraid of that, I could never hurt or hurt you because you are too special for that. Emmaline falls silent because Carlos thinks that way about her. Carlos asks if something is wrong.

Emmaline answers no, but I have never had a man think that way about me, every time I was in a relationship it was only for a few weeks or because of a bet so I have become very careful about letting people into my life because I don't want to be hurt again, but what I understand from this is that you like me and want to get to know me better or am I wrong. Carlos answers yes, that's right, I like you a lot and I want to get to know you better if that's okay with you, I promise you that we will take it easy and that you determine the pace of how fast we go because I don't want to hurt you . Emmaline answers so how are we going to handle this now because we will have to go back inside soon and I think Nyck and Max will come to me and ask questions about why it took so long and what we discussed.

Then you say that we like each other, that we want to see where it takes us, if you think that's a good idea, Carlos suggests. Emmaline responds that it is a good idea, but then she wants to go inside hand in hand if that is okay with you, she asks Carlos. Carlos answers the question by taking her hand and leading her inside. They walk in hand in hand, everyone in the group looks surprised except Charles and Lando. Daniel and Yuki cheer and scream, so are you now an item or what? Nyck and Max look at the two of them in surprise, they walk towards Carlos and Emmaline and ask what happened outside.

Emmaline tells everything, says that they like each other, that they want to see where things go and take it easy. Nyck asks if Carlos agrees with that. Emmaline answers that Carlos actually suggested that they take it easy. Carlos stands with the rest and is questioned by the boys as to why this suddenly happened. Carlos answers that he has liked her for a while, ever since he got her into Formula 2 when she was still Nyck's performance coach. Meanwhile, Carlos looks at Emmaline Max and Nyck and sees the panic in Emmaline's eyes, after which he walks back to Emmaline, Nyck and Max. Carlos asks if everything is okay. Emmaline answers that everything is okay, Nyck and Max say that everything is fine but if Carlos hurts her they are there to protect her.

Carlos answers I will never hurt her, she is too special for that, I will protect her from everything and everyone who wants to hurt her. Max and Nyck therefore also ask for the press and the hate reactions from the fans. Carlos answers yes for that too. Pierre comes to get everyone to have something to drink before they all go to bed because they have media day tomorrow. They all walk with Pierre. When they arrive at the rest, Emmaline sits down next to Lando again and they talk some more about what it's like to be the sister of an F1 driver. Emmaline answers that she was already with Nyck when he was still in F2. So she is used to her brother being in the spotlight. Lando responds to Emmaline why she created this opportunity even though she was doing well in the Netherlands. Emmaline answers that she sees this as a good opportunity because of the future. Lando asks what do you mean?

Emmaline responds that when people see how well I do my job, I might be able to work as a full-time performance coach for a driver in F1 or F2. Emmaline further answers that she no longer wants to talk about Nyck and why she is here now. Lando responds with okay then, I enjoyed talking to you. Emmaline turns to Carlos and asks if everything is okay. Carlos answers yes, I just wonder why Lando asks you so many questions.