𝑠𝑖𝑥

'What happened?' Jungwoo asked seeing Jaehyun's downcast eyes as he entered the office.

'She brought up Paris...'

'What even happened in Paris?'

Jaehyun poured himself a glass of water, ignoring the question as always. 'Mark is gone,' he told him.

'Gone?' Jungwoo gasped. 'You mean she...'

'No, she said she didn't,' he said. 'She found him an internship in the Finance Department.'

'Oh,' Jungwoo breathed out. 'How did she even get the authority to do that? Aren't you the President?'

Jaehyun turned to the glass partition, narrowing his eyes at Haeyoung, who was already packing her things to leave and realized with annoyance that she bought a new limited-edition bag. Huffing a sigh, he gritted out, 'There are a lot of things that she is capable of doing.'

'Yeah?' Jungwoo crawled closer to him and whispered, 'and what did she do in Paris?'

'Shut up. I have had enough now.'

'You had had enough last week too,' Jungwoo pointed out. 'But she is still here.'

'Well, you know what they say. Third time's the charm.'

In Jaehyun's case, there was no charm, not the third time, nor the fourth and none that followed. His 'brillaint' plans brilliantly failed one after the other. When he tried locking her out of the building by tampering with her key card, the security guard himself let her in. So, the next time, Jaehyun bribed the security guard only to find out she withdrew double the money from his account to out-bribe him.

It was impossible to keep her physically away from the office. Maybe annoying her was the best thing he could do. He targeted the phone in her office, making it ring at least 20 times in a minute, the loud ring not only irritating her but all the employees on the floor. But Jaehyun could not back down. Haeyoung put up with it longer than he had expected, almost 15 minutes after which he heard a loud crash against the glass partition of his office – she had thrown the phone against his glass, shattering the poor thing into a million pieces, all while looking straight into his eyes before walking away.

He had to pull out the big guns and that's exactly what he did. A death threat. He knew this was not a permanent solution but it would keep her away from the office and inside her house, at least till he figures out what to do next. He planted it perfectly too – an unmarked package containing a knife accompanied by a letter containing the words, 'If you want to live, stay inside the house.'

It was perfect!

But the next morning, she did turn up to work, dressed in a bullet proof suit from head to toe with a ridiculous looking helmet and surrounding her were eight tall bodyguards with their guns at the ready. It was particularly embarrassing for Jaehyun when she insisted on accompanying him to his meeting in the same outfit and with her bodyguards.

The sun was sinking below the horizon, just like Jaehyun's spirits. He was sat in his office, exhausted and completely defeated. From the partition, he caught a glimpse of Haeyoung walking back to her office with a cup of coffee in her hand. She was dressed in black today with a hairpin holding her hair in a low bun.

He sighed, no longer feeling anything, not even anger. But as she passed by his office, she winked at him, wearing an expression of what else you got, before walking over to hers and that was enough to drive him mad.