Yuki: I'm in... The infirmary?

??: Ah, you're finally awake.

A voice suddenly exclaimed, snapping me out of my confusion. I turned towards the source of the voice & saw Kenchie standing there.

 I turned towards the source of the voice & saw Kenchie standing there

Kenchie: How do you feel?

With those words, Kenchie settled into a round chair next to the bed.

Yuki: I'm okay, but... How did I get here?

Kenchie: Long story short, I went to the Faculty Room to speak with you, but just as I arrived, you had apparently collapsed. The teachers then instructed me to bring you here, but the infirmary was empty. So, I decided to place you on that bed & wait for you to wake up.

Yuki: I guess that means that the warmth I felt earlier really did belong to him... [smiling] Thank you, Kenchie. I appreciate you bringing me here.

Kenchie: [smiling back] It was my pleasure.

Yuki: So, how long was I out?

As I asked that, I pushed myself up & sat at the edge of the bed.

Kenchie: Not too long. Lunch break hasn't even ended yet.

Yuki: Oh, that's a relief. I was worried that I'd slept through the fifth period.

Kenchie: No need to worry. Since you seemed exhausted, and with only two periods left, The teachers agreed to let you rest for as long as you needed.

Yuki: Even so, missing classes can leave you behind & impact your grades, so I'd rather not miss any if I can help it.

Kenchie: [smiles] Spoken like a true Class Representative. Although, I am surprised that you're taking the role so seriously... Given that being a student is just a cover for your mission to observe Mio Naruse, the previous Demon Lord's daughter.

At the mention of Mio's true lineage, a serious expression crossed my face.

Yuki: I see... So, you're aware of her background.

Kenchie: Yeah. I spoke with Jin on the phone earlier, and he briefed me on her circumstances. After learning about Mio's story, I've decided to protect her. And for that, I'll need your help as Mio's observer.

Yuki: Is that why you wanted to speak with me? To convince me to help you?

Kenchie: Yes, exactly. Now, I'm sure you're hesitant but if you-

Yuki: I'll help you under one condition.

Kenchie was taken aback, his eyes widening in disbelief as I cut him off with a resolute look.

Kenchie: Wow... I did not expect such a response.

Yuki: No offense, Kenchie, but you're the most persistent person I've ever met. I know if I say no, you'll just keep pestering me until I give in, so I might as well get something out of it.

Kenchie: [chuckles awkwardly] Fair enough... So, what's the condition?

It took me a few minutes before I felt ready to respond. When I did, the serious expression I was showing softened into a shy smile.

Yuki: [blushing slightly] I want you to accompany me somewhere this coming Saturday...

Kenchie: [surprised but intrigued] Oh? Where would you like to go?

Yuki: Well, there's a shopping district downtown. I've been meaning to go there to buy some new clothes, but I've never really gone to places like that before, so I'm a little nervous. That's why I want you to go with me...

Kenchie: [smiling warmly] Well, in that case, I'd love to go with you, Yuki. Consider it a date.

Yuki: [blushing even more] Th-Thank you, Kenchie. I appreciate it.

Kenchie: [chuckles softly] I should be the one saying that. Having your help is worth far more than a single date.

We sat in comfortable silence for a moment, both of us smiling at each other. The tension from our previous conversation seemed to dissipate, replaced by a newfound sense of camaraderie.

Yuki: So, now that we've settled that, what exactly do you need my help with?

Kenchie: There are several things I could use your help with. But for the time being, all I need you to do is mo-

Kenchie's words came to an abrupt halt as the sound of the infirmary door opening caught his attention. Both Kenchie & I turned our heads towards the door, only to discover the school nurse, Chisato Hasegawa, peering at us from the entrance.

 Both Kenchie & I turned our heads towards the door, only to discover the school nurse, Chisato Hasegawa, peering at us from the entrance

Chisato: What are you two up to?

To be Continued...