Chapter 2

3rd Person POV

While enjoying a peaceful nap on his desk, Kenchie is suddenly woken up by the sound of the school bell signalling lunchtime. As Kenchie wakes from his nap, he looks around the classroom.

 As Kenchie wakes from his nap, he looks around the classroom

(What Kenchie sees)

Kenchie: [yawns] You know, Basara... If you keep making that face, it will get stuck that way.

Basara: That's just a myth, so I doubt it would really happen. Besides, the bigger issue here is how every guy in our class is glaring jealous daggers at us.

Kenchie: Well... We can't really blame them for acting this way. Mio & Yuki are the hottest girls in our class, so it's natural that the guys here would be jealous of how close we are with them. Whether we like it or not, the fact is that we've made enemies out of every guy in our class.

??: Actually, the two of you made enemies out of more than just the guys in this class.

Kenchie & Basara turned around to see where the voice was coming from & found a green-haired boy standing behind them.

Kenchie: Hmm... He's that Demon who was sleeping throughout self-study period. If I remember correctly, his name is Ya-

Basara: You're Yahiro Takigawa, right?

Kenchie: Wow... Third time today that I got interrupted while trying to say someone's name in my head. If I didn't know better, I'd think they're doing it on purpose.

Yahiro: Yeah... Have we met before somewhere or what?

Basara: No, but Mr Sakazaki gave us a copy of the seating chart so that we could memorize our classmates' names as soon as possible.

Yahiro: Heh, Sakasaki is perceptive as ever.

Kenchie: So Yahiro, what did you mean when you said that we've made enemies out of more than just the guys in this class?

Yahiro: [smiles] Before we get into that, how about the three of us go grab a bite together? It's lunchtime after all, so we should be using this time to eat.