Chapter 23 - Past & Present

ابدأ من البداية

As I tried my best to squeeze out every single drop of my tear, I slowly began to get out of shock as my mind began to... Change...

My mind slowly started to adapt to the situation as my emotions started to die down. I forgot how to feel almost all emotions as I started to fail to even understand what emotions could feel like.

The only thing that helped me was the emotions that I remembered from the first time I was born.

The only problem was that...

I was almost always surrounded by negative emotions...

The war, the fight, the survival, made me only remember the bad things that had happened to me.

I felt suffocated, but at the same time, I felt that I was free.

It was a weird but accepting feeling. My body readily accepted it, even as 'I' or... my past version tried its best to resist.

-

"Ryo! Look! I was tested positive for mutation! I will finally be able to leave!"

I looked at the small girl, with raven black hair and raven blue eyes showing me a small patch of paper that showed that she had tested positive for mutation. I 'smiled' at her as I looked over the patch of paper.

The blood that was taken from our body was used to see how much potential we had of getting mutation, and the girl in front of me was one of the few hundred thousand people, who had shown potential to grow mutation power.

Normally it takes more than a week for someone to be tested positive for mutation after looking at the adaptation of one's blood to Tesserinium element. I was also waiting for my positive result, as I knew for myself that I was a mutant, even though I hadn't declared it to them yet.

Ignoring those thoughts, I looked back at the girl that was by my side.

Her name was Sakura.

It had been a week since we met, and she was one of the few people I met who was like me, who had lost everything...

The first reason I approached her was to start understanding emotions again. I wanted to see what kind of emotions other children of my age show. I wanted to know what emotions caused what changes in one's psyche.

Yet, I failed to understand them. And I knew why it was so. My brain had learned how to [Learn] how to help cope with all the tragedies I had faced.

I had understood already that I had a special ability. No, two to be specific. From the experience and all the things, I had experimented with, I understood that I have two mutant abilities.

My first ability was [Eidetic Memory] and the other one was [Fast Learner].

These two abilities are the primary reason I was able to keep up with the change my mind had been going through.

My 'Eidetic Memory' helped me remember all the different faces, emotions, actions, reactions, or even any sort of movement that any person did.

My 'Fast-Learning' ability helped me adapt and learn anything. This was also the main ability that helped me 'learn to adapt' to the situation I was in... it is just that it has caused me to lose all my emotions.

And made me into this... soulless body.

I can't feel any emotions of mine, but I can imitate any emotions and show them to others in all sorts of ways.

The only problem was my old emotions. All those emotions, clouded into my head, had made it so that I could only 'relive' in them to even feel alive.

"That's great!" I sat by her as she continued to show me all her achievements and boast, while a smile was kept on my face.