Chapter 10: Subordinates?

Começar do início

I got excited for a moment. "Kuahaha-hahaha-hahaha! Now would you? That would be splendid!"

"Of course, Lord Rimuru may be my subject of worship, but I hold you in a high regard as well." The Lich King seemed rather pleased, despite his naturally unexpressive skeletal face. "Now, what kind of prayer is it you wish to grant?"

At that I paused. Lulu was very confused by my request, so it seemed likely Adalman would be as well. Therefore, I began to explain in extreme detail. "You see, I am assisting Benimaru's wives! They require assistance to give birth, as they wish for their children to become my new Niece's subordinates."

The skeleton stared back blankly for a few moments. "It feels unnatural for you to take such a request. However, I shall assist you regardless."

"Do you have any questions?" I was curious, because anything he could ask now would be useful. I must be missing something, so it needed to be addressed, whatever it was.

"How long do we have to prepare?" At the Lich King's question I paled.

We only had a few minutes at most, I did not want to keep them waiting. Especially after assuring them I could do it. It was a matter of my pride as a True Dragon!

Even so, I attempted to respond in a level way. "WE ONLY HAVE A FEW MINUTES AT MOST! Is there anything else we need?! Do you have to teach me anything?! What else could there be to this?!"

"Please remain calm, Lord Veldora. I will read over the grimoire and extensively consider all the spells used for similar prayers." Adalman summoned that black book of his, and began to read frantically over the holy magic section, then flipped back to the demonic chapters.

"So?"

"It is... Possible." The skeleton's words were not inviting.

"Then our attempt will be successful." I suspected that if Adalman was to use Faith and Favor, we'd get interference regardless. So it was all up to if she was willing to play ball or not, as the humans put it.

"I will begin my preparation. May I use the magic circuit you have already constructed as a base?"

"Yes, please do."

At my words, the Lich King walked to the center of the magic circuit before channeling an interpolating magic aura into it. I assumed he was using that holy-demonic conversion thing that Rimuru obsessed over so much.

I really didn't see the big deal in it, since True Dragon magicules had the properties of both.

But he could be as impressed as he pleased, I suppose. It was rather cute to see him still marvel in some magical feats.

The magic circuit was rapidly modified by the golden and purple energies, until eventually Adalman constructed a further dome of magic circles around the circuit. Then they froze in the air a few moments later, a perfect balance between the golden and purple energies weaved together.

It was quite impressive as a sight, even if the magic could probably be copied. I'd note it away for later, and just hoped I wouldn't get punked for copying it.

"Is it done, Adalman?"

"Not quite yet, Lord Veldora..." the Lich trailed off and continued his work further refining the magic circuits. I thought he was taking too long, those women could show up at any time now!

After Adalman seemed to be satisfied, I asked the same thing again, "Is it done?"

After a small sigh, he said, "It is prepared. I can continue making preparations to use my own skills with such high amounts of energy, but I need you to focus! If you send me too much, this won't be enough."