Chapter 2: Hinata Scary

Author notes: Hey, join my and mu1622 's discord, they are linked in our descriptions on our profiles. You'll get updates faster, and get to make us feel embarrassed. 

Aoki POV

I sat on Rimuru's lap silently, he seemed not to want me to leave. I didn't mind that though.

"Didn't you say... Morning is training time?" I looked Rimuru in the eyes, which said that he was seemingly pleading for something. It was unusual.

"I just don't trust Hinata, okay?" He sighed. "Not with you at least, I trust her with Iruma. Not with you though." He held me a little bit tighter.

"That is fine." I didn't mind if I got to stay with Rimuru, especially because Rimuru said that the human that had the really strong aura was Hinata and that she would be the one training me.

As a result, I got to stay that way for several minutes. I can beat that Iruma as I am now...

Eventually, though, the time with Rimuru was ruined entirely by the human with the scary aura. She slammed the door open and spoke loudly. "Where is your kid, Rimuru? You spent all that time convincing me to train Iruma, so I need your kid to show up too. That was the agreement."

Rimuru hid me under what I had realized was called a coat after analyzing it. "You can focus on Iruma for the time being."

"I can still sense the slime." The human sighed and seemed to just lean against the wall and look at the ceiling. "I can wait all day, I am sure your subordinates will try to get you to do something important after long enough though."

"What do you mean? I am the only slime in the room." That was another incorrect thing from Mother, as there were actually four slimes in the room. I would need to deal with the weakest two soon.

"I actually sense two." It seems the human was incorrect as well, but I could forgive them because the other two were hard to sense. I needed to use thought acceleration to notice them.

Mother sighed, as he uncovered me. "I don't have all day for this, but I will be watching you with Universal Perception! I want no funny business..." After saying this he set me on the desk in my slime form.

"Who do you take me for?"

"Someone who nearly killed me in the past and might do the same to Aoki here."

Hinata made a strange motion with her eyes.

"Stop being an overprotective parent. You know I am training them both within the Labyrinth, so there is no risk of that."

"What if Ramiris messed up the bracelet? Or just doesn't have enough magicules and can't revive Aoki? Veldora slacks a lot!" Mother seemed to be making a lot of weird statements.

"Now you are just being irrational, Rimuru. Hand over the slime."

"I'm not giving you Aoki! Not yet!"

"Hand. Over. The. Slime."

"I don't need to do that if I don't want to."

I decided that even if Hinata was scary, getting stronger would still be good. I could learn Hinata's power, allowing me to counter it. At least, that was the plan.

So I hopped off the desk and toward the human, before taking my own human form.

"I understand how much Mother is worrying, but I would like to learn to be stronger." I used all my effort to make sure I didn't slur my words at all.

"Mmmm. I guess being able to speak at such a young age is just a monster thing. Also, Mother?" Hinata did a weird motion with the patch of hair above her eyebrows.