"I cant imagine Jack being in there another minute. But you're right we need to be smart about this" Luke nods at my statement. I figured I'd give Luke some quiet time so he can draw up the map with no distractions. I turn to go find Thomas when Luke stops me

"Hey, thanks for trusting me on this" I nod "Thank you for doing this" I say, he just gives me a smile.

~

"Where are you going?" I holler at Thomas.

He turned around, grinning "Why? you gonna miss me while I'm gone?" He says and slams the tailgate up.

"Hmm depends...You going anywhere interesting?" He shakes his head.

"Unless you're the type of girl that finds a man throwing a bunch of dead bodies in a pile interesting then no ma'am I am not" I laugh at his comment.

"Mind If I tag along?" He glances at me while putting another jacket on "Depends...You still carrying around that attitude?" He shoots me a playful grin.

I walk straight up to him close enough I can feel his breath. From an outside perspective it probably looks like were about to kiss. From an inside perspective it feels like it too. He doesn't break eye contact with me when I reach into my coat pocket, I quickly bring out his beanie that I grabbed from the kitchen, I put it on his head and pulled it down over his eyes and then took off quickly towards the passenger side of the truck.

"Nah, I don't think so" I say.

I hear him chuckle and readjust his beanie.

~

"Hey" Thomas says breaking the silence of the truck. "We're gonna get your brother out" he hesitates "It just may take us a little bit of time" I nod.

"I understand we have to be smart about this, but I don't think I am willing to wait another couple of months to rescue him." Thomas nods.

"But in that month were gonna be preparing, it's not like we're going to be sitting around doing nothing. This is going to take a lot of prepping and planning."

What they don't get is, I do understand that... I'm just battling with being smart versus just wanting my brother back. But then again If I die trying to get him out, he might not ever get out. I am really grateful that I found a group that not only knows where he is but is also willing to help me.

"Your brother is getting plenty of food and water, even though James is a terrible man and leader he knows how to manipulate to keep his people working to their best effect. Jacks smart, he needs Jack. Trust me he's well taken care of." I see him glance over at me.

"I just wish I could see something of the base, just so I can know where he's staying at, or look and know he's in there...You know?"

He sighs "If you agree to the plan and promise me you won't go off by yourself, I'll take you to a lookout point where you can see the base pretty well...We'd still be super far away from it but with binoculars you'll be able to see just what we're dealing with, obviously we will still be far up on mountain top, but you'll be able to get a good idea of it."

"Would you actually do that for me?" I ask, excitement lacing my voice.

"Well yeah, course I would" I'm trying to not let the excitement get to me, I just can't wait to be just a little closer to my brother.

I reach over and grab Thomass free hand, I guess as a way to say thank you, he glances down at our intertwined hands and gives me a smile.

~

I forgot what it was like living with a group. Especially boys. Somehow their noise woke me up from all the way downstairs.

I don't remember much from last night, Thomas and I got in pretty late, we ran into some of the dead on our way home, we thought we could just run them over, but they ended up getting stuck underneath his truck, which took forever to get them out. Plus, I was so exhausted from all the excitement and new information about Jack yesterday.