Chapter 1

Chapter 1;

The movers came the next morning, and I was kinda disappointed in the fact that this move was permanent. I didn't want them to come. I wanted them to send our furniture right back where it came from. My mom soon came downstairs, and decided to start unpacking the kitchen supplies. She looked at Trent and I, pointed towards the backyard, and smirked.

"Go to the backyard, and start picking the weeds up from the sidewalk. It'd give you guys something to do,"

Trent grabbed his football, and ran out the backdoor. I grunted, and grabbed my iPod. While I did this, I didn't want to hear Trents voice. I sat down on the ground, plugged my headphones in, and started picking the weeds out. Trent was tossing his football around, and it was starting to piss me off.

"Why don't you help instead of being stupid?" I asked harshly, still picking weeds up. I didn't want to make eye contact with him. I could feel Trent's glare on me, and he laughed. I soon felt a pain on my back, and I gripped the spot where it pained me. I sat up, and turned to face Trent.

Trent smirked at me. "Don't tell me what to do,"

I stood up, and threw the weeds I had in my hand at his face. His face scrunched up, and became angry. I grabbed the football out of his hands and threw it over the fence, being careful that he didn't know where it went. I stuck my tongue out at him. I didn't even care where the football went as long as it was out of my sight. Trent was annoying me.

Trent started screaming and yelling at me. I didn't care. The little prick needed a reality check. He started searching for his football. When he couldn't find it, he kicked my leg. He placed his hands on his hips and tapped his foot.

"Go check again!" I said.

"I checked everywhere, Cadence! It's not anywhere!"

"Sucks to suck,"

"I'm telling mom... Unless you help me look for it!"

I stood up and brushed the dirt off my pants. "Trent, you're not going to find it because it is not in our yard,"

"Are you serious, Cadence?!"

I smirked and pointed in the direction where I threw it. Trent crossed his arms. "You better get it.... Or I'm telling mom,"

I rolled my eyes as I climbed up my fence, and peeked over the side. The football was near the backdoor of the neighbors house. I gulped, and started climbing over the fence. It was getting late and I didn't want to be out here anymore... Not with the creepy neighbor either. Trent grabbed my leg and tried pulling me down.

"Do you want your football or not?!"

Trent stopped tugging on me, and let me climb over the fence. It didn't go so smoothly and I landed on my butt. Thank god the fence wasn't that tall. I stood up, and quickly hid behind a bush. I saw the football and it was only ten feet from me. I kept trying to get closer to it, without getting caught. This was a lot harder than I thought. Once I was about 3 feet away from it, I heard the backdoor jiggle open. I hid behind a tree, and tried to keep my breathing calm.

I heard someone step out onto the porch, and pick up the football. My breathing started picking up, as I heard the person start speaking.

"If you want the football, come and get it,"

The voice sounded strange. It definitely had an accent. I peeked from around the tree, and saw the boy that was stalking me from the window yesterday. I ducked back behind the tree as my breathing accelerated. The boy smirked, and started speaking again.

"I'm not going to say it again. Come and get it," It sounded more like a snarl.

I gulped and came out from behind the tree. I was surprised by what I saw... The boy looked about 18 years old with platinum blonde hair, piercing ice green eyes, and he looked pale as hell. He had some muscles but for the most part, he was fairly skinny. His teeth were perfectly straight, and white, but two of his teeth were more pointy than they should be. He was about 6"1, and his hair swoops down past his eyes.

I was fascinated by his looks. It took me a while to even realize he was talking to me. He waved his hand in front of my face, and I blinked. He handed my the football, and I took it from his hands. His touch was cold... Like he had no circulation going through to his hands. I watched his face as he took his hands back, and he frowned.

"What's your name?" He asked, in his... Romanian accent? It sounded like it. I might be wrong.

"C-cadence..." I stuttered, and started to back up towards the fence. "What's your name?"

"That's not really your concern,"

I frowned. "I told you mine, it's only fair if I know yours!"

He chuckled and his laugh was strangely hot. "Goodbye, Cadence," he slipped back into his house, and watched me as I climbed back over the fence.

It was already dark out as I crept back into my house. Trent was eating dinner and my parents were upstairs. I threw his football back to him, and started heading into the living room. What the hell just happened? I was honestly really confused...

"Why did you take so long?" Trent asked.

"It took forever to find it" I lied and started climbing up the stairs.

"You're lying,"

"Shut up. Be grateful I got the ball,"

I had to see the boy again.