32

Aaradhya

Hope.

When hopes break you don’t hear the crack.

And right now I can feel all my hopes shattering in front of me as I see my father’s old secretary standing with my husband and taking orders from him.

She was my last hope.

She was the one who helped me arrange a lawyer and was with us when we needed someone but I didn’t know what happened with her after Manohar uncle took over the business.

I tried to find her in a hope of wanting to know more about my family but I couldn’t.

And now as I see her working under hredhaan I know that I have lost the plot.

I never cared about my family’s history before but now that I do I regret for not caring enough, for not finding everything earlier and ending this entire fiasco back when I had chance.

I see him smirking at me as he makes his way towards me and stands in front of me.

“Something wrong baby you look stressed” I hear him ask, his voiced laced with satire purely with the intention mocking me.

I am never going to give you the reaction you want come what may.

I need to handle myself with aplomb in this situation and think of some other way.

Ignoring his jibe at me I make my way towards the bar area to think of something suddenly feeling low and empty about everything.

Hannah told me I don’t need to worry about anything and just enjoy the party as we have already done the arrangements and about drake he has been ignoring me like a plague.

I don’t understand what happened to him first he didn’t like me then he started behaving nicely and now again he is cold towards me.

Did hredhaan do something?

Even if he did something doesn’t give anyone else right to take his anger on you.

I need to start treating people the same way they treat me.

All this shit aside first I need to find someone who can help me with my case without making me feel like I have to cross a burning way to get their help.

You can call me if you need my help this is my card.

Randhir Randhawa.

But will he help me?

I need to contact him after I reach India.

He is my only hope at this point.

After a finish my drink I feel a weird sensation overtaking my senses and I feel bitter taste in my mouth making me realize I didn’t pay attention to the taste in all my issues.

I look at the bartender with an intention of confronting him but he is already looking at me with pleading eyes.

Not wanting to create a scene on my own event I leave the place in search of Hannah but feel my world spinning the moment I take few steps ahead.

“Everything okay aaradhya?” I look up to see drake enquiring about me.

I glance at him roll my eyes at him and walk ahead ignoring his existence.

“Aaradhya wait please” he requests making me stop in my tracks.

“I wanted to apologize to you for my rude behavior with you initially and now too I am extremely sorry I acted that way with you” he expresses his disappointment.