13

Hredhaan

Worry.

Anxiousness.

Anxiety.

I don’t know the last time I felt these emotions.

Maybe when I got to know mom has been subjected to dad’s betrayal.

But after that.

Never.

Today I find myself feelings the same emotions of agitation as I look towards the woman I call my sin.

She looks distraught.

I try to parse her as carefully as I can since she doesn’t even seem to be in her senses mumbling incoherent words sitting in the corner of this good for nothing box which looks like an elevator.

Well guess what?

It’s actually an elevator.

We are stuck.

Useless phone.

Useless elevator.

Useless me.

Take that back.

Seriously?

Yeah! Seriously.

I do not accept being called as an alter ego of a useless human.

Shut up.

“Are you okay”? I ask her.

Woah! What a brilliant question!

“Yeah I am totally fine, in fact you know I feel like dancing” she expresses sarcastically but her voice croaks and lowers with each word.

“Such an amazing time to be sarcastic Miss Malhotra” I express my displeasure.

“Never knew there was a specific time to be sarcastic Mr. Singhania” she counters back.

“What do you want”? I sigh getting irritated.

“Distract me” she orders but it comes out as a request.

If I wasn’t sitting right next to her I wouldn’t even
have heard it.

“What”? I ask confused with her behavior.

“I want you to distract me” she screams a very pathetic attempt making voice lowers even more.

“Why” I ask shifting closer to her.

“I am claustrophobic” she reveals.

Oh.

“Wait! Is that why you were indulging me in baseless arguments to distract yourself” I find myself asking her.

She nods at me.

“How many phobias and medical issues do you exactly have and how many more troubles are you going to attract”? I ask her.

She glares at me.

“I was just trying to distract you” I say.

“By reminding me of the same things I ask you to distract me from”? She asks looking on her edge.

Okay sorry.

Say that to her you jerk.

No.

“What’s your favorite color”? I ask randomly.

“Black” she answers.

Same.