🌴🌊☀️

I saw her holding a sign with y/l/n and McCabe on it. I let go of my suitcase for katie to grab and ran full speed into my mums arms.
"I missed you mumma" I said
"Oh I missed you so much" she said crying. I pulled away from her. I noticed the tears so I wipe them off at the sleeve in my jumper.
"You're going to make me cry please stop" I said
Katie stood nervously behind me, waiting for me to introduce her to my mum.
"Mum this is katie" I said, stepping aside. Katie awkwardly reach to hand out for a hand shake and my mum just laughed and pulled her in for a hug.
"My daughter talks about you all the time" mum said laughing
"Mummm stop" I said blushed making katie look over at me smirking at me
"Oh what does she say?"
"I'll tell you when we get back" my mum said with a wink
"You better not" I said

We were just chatting away the whole car trip. Before we pulled up the the house. Our house is pretty nice and it was right on the beach. Just a short walk to the main street.

Dad opens the door and I jump into his arms. He kisses the top of my head.
"I missed you so much sweetheart" he said
"Aww dad I missed you"
"I can't believe I haven't seen you since the world up, 5 months ago"
"Dad this is Katie"
"Hey Katie I'm dad" he said laughing
"No just kidding my names Matt" he said making Katie laugh, breaking the ice.
"Hey I'm katie" she said

Mum insisted on us sitting down for dinner so I sat down and katie sat next to me. I noticed her bouncing her legs nervously staring at the table. I placed my hand on her thigh and she looked up at me smiling. I leant in to kiss her before mum came and set the table.
"Your dads made a barbecue"
"Yes" I said

Katie hadn't spent anytime in Australia before so I insisted on her trying a steak. She bit into it and her eyes lit up making me and my parents started laughing. As we finished up my older brothers came in the door with their kids. Harry my eldest brother has twins, a boy and a girl aged 4 and my second eldest brother, James has a new born baby girl. Because I never had a sister I'm super close with my sisters in law.

They walked through the door and I hugged everyone introducing them to Katie. Katie's so good with kids, after she greeted the adults she bent down to talk to Daisy and Sebastian. They were shy at first but Katie tickled them and put her hands out for high fives making them warm up to her quickly.

We were all catching up having some drinks and talking about all sorts of stuff. Something I didn't realise was how big of an impact the World Cup had on Australia. We were shielded from the media during it so we had no clue. My brother told me how daisy and all of her friends have joined a local club and almost everyone they know if still talking about it.

We were all sat around the fire after the kids had fallen asleep inside. Katie and I shared a bean bag, I sat in between her legs and she wrapped her arms around me.

Eventually my brothers decided to leave and Katie and I went to go to bed I'm my bedroom. My walls were covered in medals and trophies from my childhood. All of my big stuff was in the living room like me first cap and my debut jersey.

Mum offered for Katie to stay in the spare room as I only had a single. Feeling awkward she said she would go to the spare room. I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. shivering because I was cold. That's it, I thought I got out of my bed and wandered down the hall gently opening the door of the spare room trying not to wake her.
"Y/n?"
"Yeah, sorry did I wake you?"
"No I couldn't sleep"
"Me neither" I said crawling into bed next to her. She could feel me shaking so she sat up and pulled her hoodie off her body and put it on me. "Are you sure?" I asked
"Yeh I was hot anyways" she said. We readjusted in each others arms and feel asleep.